Buying smart at Harbor Freight

Does Texas have a tax free holiday for hurricane preparedness? FL does, and generators under $1000.00 are approved. Might be your best bet to save.

Does Texas have a tax free holiday for hurricane preparedness? FL does, and generators under $1000.00 are approved. Might be your best bet to save.
Yes they did about a month ago. However no generators of any kind to be had within the whole state!

Looking to buy this generator at HF https://www.harborfreight.com/gener...enerator-with-co-secure-technology-57080.html

Trying to find the best time to buy. Hoped for a Memorial Day discount on it but haven't seen one. It's a pretty popular/new generator. Some stores give me a veteran discount but not HF.

Any idea for the best combination of coupons or discounts?? Need to buy in the next several months. Tom
One thing i would consider. It has a 240v 30amp twist lock, not a 50a. So you cannot use more than 7000 watts through that outlet, unless you hook other things to the 110v outlets at the same time.

If you just want to use the 240v twist lock, you might as well get the slightly smaller 8750 invertor(7000 running watts)( with the same 30a 240v twistlock) and save about $600 ( $1200 vs $1800).

One thing i would consider. It has a 240v 30amp twist lock, not a 50a. So you cannot use more than 7000 watts through that outlet, unless you hook other things to the 110v outlets at the same time.

If you just want to use the 240v twist lock, you might as well get the slightly smaller 8750 invertor(7000 running watts)( with the same 30a 240v twistlock) and save about $600 ( $1200 vs $1800).
Great info. I didn't notice that detail. Definitely need 50A.

I started to avoid Harbor Freight. I am a "insider track" member. Even though coupons are no longer required, I became tired of searching for coupons, having to get them out at the register, seemed like a lot of games and hassle to purchase at HF.

I started to avoid Harbor Freight. I am a "insider track" member. Even though coupons are no longer required, I became tired of searching for coupons, having to get them out at the register, seemed like a lot of games and hassle to purchase at HF.
I have a hard time going there anymore. First there's the well known quality issues followed by their better grade items not being all that much cheaper than decent tools. Then in the back of my mind is where all those dollars are going and with my military / cop background I can't help thinking Im helping build up someone else's very unfriendly military and its a bit like digging my own grave. I did go in there last week though . Wally mart and Lowes didn't have any so at least HF had a nice American Flag made right here.

Great info. I didn't notice that detail. Definitely need 50A.
I don't have any champion generators , but this one has a 50a outlet. You will also need a cable to handle that , probably 8-10 gauge.

Its not an inverter though. I don't know of inverter gensets that have a 240v 50amp outlet, some others on here may.

Back