How many things can go wrong with one new generator? Westinghouse igen2500

92saturnsl2

Sad experience, but sometimes you just get what you pay for. Don't think you'd have problems with a Honda or a Generac.
Interestingly enough, the Generac in this size appears to be the same machine internally as this Westinghouse. Even the exterior design is the same; the only difference is the color, front panel and name slapped on the side. Pulsar and some others are the same generator in this size as well.

Not much in a brand name these days, with the exception of Honda and few others.

Attachments

• gen.jpg
    gen.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 15
  • gen2.jpg
    gen2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
My neighbor got a Generac GP3000i inverter in the same suitcase design, with some sort of power boost (capacitor?) for surge loads. During last weekend's power outage here, he had it connected to his 10-circuit transfer panel running his fridge, forced-air natural gas heat, TV, and lights with no issue handling the load.

He had borrowed my old Honda EU2000i after hurricane Isiais last year and it had trouble starting his fridge while in Eco mode. Didn't trip the onboard circuit breaker, but browned out enough to reboot his cable modem.

He's happy with the Generac, except that it does not have a fuel pump and can't plumb in an extended-run boat tank like the Honda.