Prayers go out to the families in Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen a thread earlier that was started about another mass shooting but noticed nobody commented on saying any prayers for the families.
Let me be the first to start this and anybody else is more than welcome to join in. :))

Thx
B

My prayers are with them. I hope everyone who prays in a US mosque, temple, church, etc can recover and feel secure after this.

Prayers for the relatives and friends - so terrible. I don't know if the shooter was really ignorant, but regardless he was evil. Glad he was terminated with extreme prejudice. What I don't understand is why this is called "domestic terrorism" and the Ft. Hood shooting was "workplace violence"?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Prayers for the relatives and friends - so terrible. I don't know if the shooter was really ignorant, but regardless he was evil. Glad he was terminated with extreme prejudice. What I don't understand is why this is called "domestic terrorism" and the Ft. Hood shooting was "workplace violence"?

I think you understand quite well.

God help these families.

Ft. Hood IS a workplace for the soldiers. The violence happened in that workplace. Given multiple terms in which to describe the incident, both comparably true but one more innocuous than the other, the more innocuous one was chosen. I'd prefer otherwise, but I think it makes sense.

By contrast, there does not seem to be any term besides terrorism to describe the shooting in Wisconsin. Again, seems to make sense.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Ft. Hood IS a workplace for the soldiers. The violence happened in that workplace. Given multiple terms in which to describe the incident, both comparably true but one more innocuous than the other, the more innocuous one was chosen. I'd prefer otherwise, but I think it makes sense.

Did you read the FBI report?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

By contrast, there does not seem to be any term besides terrorism to describe the shooting in Wisconsin. Again, seems to make sense.

The WTC was a workplace for many people also so do you consider that a attack on a workplace?

Who gives a c r a p . This thread is about prayers not a completely unrelated event.

Think positive.

The Ft. Hood incident was solely a “workplace violence” incident only in the minds of Fox News and those who believed their propagandist drivel right after the DOD reports were issued – apparently that noise machine started with a specific Fox News segment. If you look at the 86 page “lessons learned” report by the DOD published in 2010, one can find the words “terror,” “terrorist,” “terrorism,” or “counterterror” several dozen times. Those references are NOT hidden, and they are mentioned more often than the phrase “workplace violence” in the same document.

As someone who’s been involved with Fortune 500 workplace safety and security as a career for several decades, I know a thing or two about this. There is GREAT VALUE in looking at Ft. Hood through a Workplace Violence prism as well as a “terrorism” prism, not that the fools at Fox News would know this. JUST A FEW of the benefits of adding the Workplace Violence prism to that tragedy are these…

-Standardized applicant screening for potentially violent behaviors.
-Monitoring methodology for workforce members showing aberrant behavior.
-Disciplinary protocols for associates who fail to comply with site regulations on behavior, communications, weapons, etc.
-Termination and post-termination protocols, including workforce protection.

NONE of these would have applied to the 9-11 hijackers since THEY WERE NOT EMPLOYEES/STAFF and therefore could not be monitored by their workforce peers and supervisors on a regular basis.

When Fox News cheapened the political debate for partisan political purposes by lying that, “They won’t call Ft. Hood terrorism because of political correctness!!!”, apparently they didn’t even read the report before belching that out. In the non-Fox real world, I stopped counting the word “terror” in the 2010 DOD Lessons Learned report after about the two dozen mark…
http://www.defense.gov/pubs/pdfs/DOD-ProtectingTheForce-Web_Security_HR_13jan10.pdf

Originally Posted By: rjundi

Who gives a c r a p . This thread is about prayers not a completely unrelated event.

Think positive.

For one, I give a c r a p, mainly because a partisan lie was being spread in this thread about a very similar event which occurred just a few years ago. (I never knew that BITOG had "prayer threads"....It never occurred to me that this was some sort of internet church that specializes in lubrication.)

Originally Posted By: TC

The Ft. Hood incident was solely a “workplace violence” incident only in the minds of Fox News........

As someone who’s been involved with Fortune 500 workplace safety and security as a career for several decades, I know a thing or two about this. There is GREAT VALUE in looking at Ft. Hood through a Workplace Violence prism as well as a “terrorism” prism, not that the fools at Fox News would know this. JUST A FEW of the benefits of adding the Workplace Violence prism to that tragedy are these…

-Standardized applicant screening for potentially violent behaviors.
-Monitoring methodology for workforce members showing aberrant behavior.
-Disciplinary protocols for associates who fail to comply with site regulations on behavior, communications, weapons, etc.
-Termination and post-termination protocols, including workforce protection.

First of all I do agree 100% with your last analysis. Good points.

As for your knee jerk typical reaction to Fox, you are incorrect. DOD letters brought it up first. I just find it very odd how fast the words domestic terrorism came out in this Temple case.

Originally Posted By: TC
Originally Posted By: rjundi

Think positive.

For one, I give a c r a p, mainly because a partisan lie was being spread in this thread about a very similar event which occurred just a few years ago. (I never knew that BITOG had "prayer threads"....It never occurred to me that this was some sort of internet church that specializes in lubrication.)

I never knew this forum was to spread political ideals and thoughts. Pablo a good guy at least was subtle but it simply leads to responses such as yours which gets this locked.

I need church somewhere
smile.gif
I am agnostic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back