PQI Releases Two New Synthetic 5W-30 Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
LubriGold® Synthetic 5W-30 API SN, ILSAC GF-5, Dexos™, from Warren Oil Company:

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/lubrigold.htm?utm_source=Copy+of+May+29+2013+&utm_campaign=June+3%2C+2013&utm_medium=email

CAM2® SYNAVEX™ 5W-30 API SN, ILSAC GF-5:

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/CAM2syn.htm?utm_source=Copy+of+May+29+2013+&utm_campaign=June+3%2C+2013&utm_medium=email

New / updated list of 5W-30 Synthetic Oils:
http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchsyntheticsallfinal.html?utm_source=Copy+of+May+29+2013+&utm_campaign=June+3%2C+2013&utm_medium=email

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I wonder where they find all the strange oils I've never heard of?

Off the shelf from quick stop stores and chain stores.

I do appreciate the PQIA for all they do, but it's dissapointing they won't touch HM oils. It would be great if they'd do one of their 7-10 "majors" line ups in HM offerings.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I do appreciate the PQIA for all they do, but it's dissapointing they won't touch HM oils.

Maybe it's hard to justify from a finance perspective. I don't mean the cost, I mean spending the money on it. A significant percentage of HM oils do not have current API/ILSAC certifications. The PQIA is testing to ensure that motor oils on the market are meeting current API/ILSAC standards.

We oil nerds getting "free" VOAs from the PQIA's work is simply gravy from what they're accomplishing for the wider public. I'm incredibly appreciative every time they provide the information, but they don't owe us anything.

On the other hand though, I'd love to see what you're asking for!

Amen, Garak.

I SOOOO appreciate what PQIA is doing. I lamented the lack of HDEO oil tests for a couple of years, leaving a couple of suggestions to that effect. Lo and behold, HDEO tests just this year. I say drop a suggestion or two in the appropriate places and be patient. They are expending their limited resources where they think the most need lies. It's hard to argue against getting some of the unadulterated sewerage-in-a-can off the shelves of those convenience stores as a first goal.

Yep, that's pretty much it. The PQIA really doesn't "need" to be testing Mobil, SOPUS, BP, and Ashland products so much. They keep each other honest enough, as it were. But, I do appreciate the info!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yep, that's pretty much it. The PQIA really doesn't "need" to be testing Mobil, SOPUS, BP, and Ashland products so much. They keep each other honest enough, as it were. But, I do appreciate the info!

Don't think so eh-----?
Want to talk about the contents of what XOM was putting in their M-1 bottles around Hurricane Katrina time? Couldn't even pass SM standards.....................

That was my whole point. Of course the big oil companies can have problems but recall, though, that it wasn't the PQIA that caught them with their pants down. And if harm was every caused to an engine, companies like XOM aren't going to close shop and disappear tomorrow, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back