PP Euro 0W40 Noack?

Hello all
The PDS doesn't list this does anyone know what it is or where I can find it?
Thanks for any assistance

Hello all
The PDS doesn't list this does anyone know what it is or where I can find it?
Thanks for any assistance
If it is a Euro Oil it has to be like 10 or so. What I am saying is there are quite a few Euro Specs, 229, Porsche A30 and A40, probably some others. Look at the specs this PP Euro meets, you should be able to find that on the back of the Bottle of oil.

This Thread should help, well at least the back of the Bottle of Oil.

This Thread should help, well at least the back of the Bottle of Oil.
OP is asking about a different oil than the one pictured in your linked thread.

It doesn't matter, because PP Euro 0W-40 lacks the Porsche A40 OEM approval. That approval for me is a performance guarantee and zero foaming.
Is there another 0W40 that does that you would recommend?

Is there another 0W40 that does that you would recommend?
Mobil 1 FS 0W-40. Easily available at Walmart, most of the time on sale, and it's Porsche A40 OEM approved.

Edit:
If you want a good SOPUS product that is Porsche A40 OEM approved, I recommend Quaker State Euro 5W-40. It's very good oil, identical to PP Euro 5W-40 and Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40. It has a NOACK of about 5.4%. For example, I would pick this oil over Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 because amongst other things, it uses only high quality GTL as base oil.

Mobil 1 FS 0W-40. Easily available at Walmart, most of the time on sale, and it's Porsche A40 OEM approved.

Edit:
If you want a good SOPUS product that is Porsche A40 OEM approved, I recommend Quaker State Euro 5W-40. It's very good oil, identical to PP Euro 5W-40 and Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40. It has a NOACK of about 5.4%. For example, I would pick this oil over Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 because amongst other things, it uses only high quality GTL as base oil.
Avoided M1 because of it's high Ca content as someone said this causes LSPI in low displacement GTDI vehicles which is what I have.
It's for a car that has 5W20 spec'd but I've put in a bigger turbocharger and tuned it to double it's stock horsepower so I thought 0W40 would be a good compromise of improved protection for the turbocharger while keeping the viscosity closer to spec.

Is this line of thinking erroneous?

Avoided M1 because of it's high Ca content as someone said this causes LSPI in low displacement GTDI vehicles which is what I have.
It's for a car that has 5W20 spec'd but I've put in a bigger turbocharger and tuned it to double it's stock horsepower so I thought 0W40 would be a good compromise of improved protection for the turbocharger while keeping the viscosity closer to spec.

New M1 API SP has low ca content.
Also, not all TGDI engines have issues with LSPI. Generally, it is reserved for Asian and American small-displacement engines. Euro engines are not affected by it. Generally, if they re, it is usually poor aftermarket tuning.

And it's not what causes it, engine design and operational envelope is what causes LSPI.

Post some pictures of this bigger turbocharger.

New M1 API SP has low ca content.
Also, not all TGDI engines have issues with LSPI. Generally, it is reserved for Asian and American small-displacement engines. Euro engines are not affected by it. Generally, if they re, it is usually poor aftermarket tuning.
And it's not what causes it, engine design and operational envelope is what causes LSPI.

Post some pictures of this bigger turbocharger.
LSPI - a marketing tool that helped sell a lot of oil for engines that should have been designed correctly in the first place, and then some. I don't even want to go down this rabbit hole today. 😩

LSPI is a marketing tool?
It was used a tool to sell motor oil to people who didn't have engines that presented the slightest risk of LSPI.

Since you interjected yourself into this conversation, please explain to us what you know about LSPI. Why it happens, when it happens, in what kind of engines it happens, etc. I'm curious to know what you know.

Edit:
Amsoil Euro 5W-40 EFM has a NOACK of 8.7, and I believe this is Porsche A40 approved. Let's put it another way, Amsoil now says it meets the approval. You are saying that PP Euro 5W-40 has a NOACK of about 5.4%. Is there any documentation that is out there that shows what you are saying. I really find it hard to believe that PP Euro 5W-40 has better NOACK Numbers than Mobil 1 FS 5W-40!

Invisible, this is not an Attack, I just want to see if I am missing something here.

Amsoil Euro 5W-40 EFM has a NOACK of 8.7, and I believe this is Porsche A40 approved. Let's put it another way, Amsoil now says it meets the approval. You are saying that PP Euro 5W-40 has a NOACK of about 5.4%. Is there any documentation that is out there that shows what you are saying. I really find it hard to believe that PP Euro 5W-40 has better NOACK Numbers than Mobil 1 FS 5W-40!

Invisible, this is not an Attack, I just want to see if I am missing something here.
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 is the same exact oil as QS Euro 5W-40. Shell sells the same oil under three brands.

Also, NOACK is 5.7%, not 5.4%. I stand corrected. It's been a while since I visited the site bellow.

So check it out here: https://hplu.be/fVxaP

Yes, it's very good oil, no matter how hard you'll find to believe it.

It was used a tool to sell motor oil to people who didn't have engines that presented the slightest risk of LSPI.

Since you interjected yourself into this conversation, please explain to us what you know about LSPI. Why it happens, when it happens, in what kind of engines it happens, etc. I'm curious to know what you know.
As a non subscriber to conspiracy theory, I'm putting you on a need to know basis.

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 is the same exact oil as QS Euro 5W-40. Shell sells the same oil under three brands.

Also, NOACK is 5.7%, not 5.4%. I stand corrected. It's been a while since I visited the site bellow.

So check it out here: https://hplu.be/fVxaP

Yes, it's very good oil, no matter how hard you'll find to believe it.

The oil is claimed as: API SP ; ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4; BMW Longlife-01, MB-Approval 229.5, 226.5; VW 502.00/505.00; Porsche A40, Renault RN 0700, RN 0710, PSA B71 2296, Fiat 9.55535-Z2, Fiat 9.55535-N2 – meets the requirements, Chrysler MS 10725, MS 12991.
1) The pour point is -57C. VHVI hydrocracking, from which such oils are usually made, can be immediately dismissed. This oil is on a GTL base, otherwise it would not have such a good purpoint. Shell really has exceptional low-temperature characteristics, everything as described. It can be safely used in Siberia and other regions with a cold climate.
2) The base number of 11.38 is high. The oil has good detergent neutralizing properties. It effectively extinguishes acids that occur during fuel combustion. Indeed, it should give good cleanliness of the pistons from soot. It is good to resist low-quality fuel. The only thing is that in the previous version of Ultra, the alkaline was higher than 12.49 mgKOH. Here they slightly redesigned the additive package to reduce the ash content of the oil and the likelihood of detonation in modern engines (LSPI). In general, the detergent properties are still good, they do not deceive in the description.
3) Another telling parameter of NOACK is that the evaporation of masses at high temperatures is 5.7%. Let me remind you that in this test, the oil is kept for 1 hour at a temperature of 250C. And then calculate how many percent it has evaporated. So, if ordinary butter on the mallard gives 10-11%, it is considered good. And here the result is almost twice as good. These are the advantages of the GTL base. The less the oil loses in its mass, the less deposits are formed (of course, all other things being equal). It oxidizes less, runs longer on the mileage. Requires less topping up. In general, GTLs usually have the lowest PLAs. Even PAOs will have about 7% in this viscosity, and here it is 5.7%.

It seems like this is a very good oil, Thank You for sending me the Link! Of course, I did have to do the Translation thing. It might be a good idea, well at least for me, to have this oil tested here to verify the NOACK Numbers.

I just looked up something, you said that Shell helix Ultra 5W-40 is the same as QS Euro 5W-40:

A 5-quart jug of the QS goes for $22.97, but the Shell Helix goes for either $15.99 a quart or $66.63 for a 5 quart jug. Something is not adding up, unless I am missing something.

Last edited:
Back