PP 5W30 w/PPT, 8000mi. 07 Nissan Murano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest UOA for my 2007 Nissan Murano. This run was on Pennzoil Platinum w/ Pure Plus Technology. The prior UOA's were PP 5w30.

Since the prior oil change (5/17/14) I traveled up and down the East Coast on I-95 visiting family in NJ, VA, and Miami FL.The first trip was in June to NJ and return to SC. Next was up to VA and back to SC. The last trip was in August to Miami, FL and return to SC.

The trip to VA and back was done in 1 day. When I leave my residence I'm on an interstate within 10 minutes. On July 4th I traveled to Emporia VA on all interstates. My earlier trip to NJ was to pickup my grandson for a 2 week visit to SC. At the end of his visit I made arrangements with my son to meet in Emporia, VA to pickup his son. We met, had lunch, refueled and I was back on I-95 southbound to home. I drove non-stop with at speeds from 70- 75MPH till I arrived home. So my Murano was very busy this summer.

As far as the increase in silicon I can attribute it to the new Pure One air filter I installed at this oil change. This is the first time I used a Pure Oil air filter. I replaced the Pure One air filter with an Amsoil air filter on this oil change. I used a Mobil1 Extended Performance oil filter on this run.

Thanks for looking.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Thanks for posting. What were the previous intervals on?

If you are referring to the oil change intervals I usually run from 7500-8000 mile intervals.

Originally Posted By: Carpet_Bagger
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Thanks for posting. What were the previous intervals on?

If you are referring to the oil change intervals I usually run from 7500-8000 mile intervals.

I meant, what were the previous oils run?

vinu_neuro - In the 1st sentence, he stated the previous runs were PP 5W-30. Nice report - it's probable that the slight increase in wear metals was the new air filter. I think I'm going to start installing mine with a coating of grease at the seal.

with the silicon ingestion, I'd consider changing this oil sooner to make sure you get every bit of silicon which doesn't belong there---out

Originally Posted By: steve20
with the silicon ingestion, I'd consider changing this oil sooner to make sure you get every bit of silicon which doesn't belong there---out

I was also puzzled about the higher than usual silicon reading and then I remembered that the induction system was removed during an engine tuneup. Early in the cycle I had the car in the shop for a routine tuneup. Being a front wheel drive vehicle the rear bank of spark plugs are buried next to the firewall. In order to get access the induction system needs to be removed. While it was removed they also cleaned the plenum chamber.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back