PP 0W20 Defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is a photo of the inside of a PP 0W20 jug. I don't know why, but after changinging my oil I looked in the jug and this fine, dark colored material is floating around the bottom. Considering the quantity I'm not going to fret about it much, but still, where's the QC?

Attachments

• PP0W20.jpg
    PP0W20.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 114
That's the magic pixie dust. You were supposed to shake it up to get that out. Just kidding, there are mixed feelings and the oil companies state not a problem.

Yep, it's just part of the add pack that has fallen out of suspension over time. I like to give my oil jugs a good shake the day before I change oil to stir it back up.

I find this a lot with all brands of oil....as someone said above..'it's harder to see in dark bottles'.
I find shaking the jug doesn't do much so I end up cutting the container down to about 2 or 3 inches with a utility knife and use some fresh oil to stir it up and then pour that into the engine. My thinking is that way I get all of the additives that originally came in the oil.

The oil bottle you got is probably old and is sitting in your garage or at the store's distribution center for ages. To fix that, shake the bottle for 15 secs before you pour the oil into the engine.

Reactions: rav
Unless I'm using a full 5qt jug, I will turn the jug upside down for a little while and shake it before use.

Oh, wow, this again?

[Edit]

I don't know why, but after changinging my oil I looked in the jug and this fine, dark colored material is floating around the bottom. Considering the quantity I'm not going to fret about it much, but still, where's the QC?
Next time buy Mobil 1 for about the same or less money, and you won't have this problem... word! (y) ;)

better how? At least Mobil 1 does advertisement/proofing over their cleanliness capabilities. I haven't heard of Pennzoil put forward anything other than tout GTL, which isn't the same.

LMBO! Pennzoil is 3 times better oil these days than M1 is. I wouldn't run M1 products in my lawn mower...
In what specific ways is Pennzoil better than M1? Which Pennzoil version are you referencing, or are you making a blanket statement that ALL Pennzoilis 3x better than M1? Which M1 are you referencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back