PP 0w20, 12,173 Miles, '09 Fit Sport 1.5L

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib

This is my mother's car. The bulk of her driving is to and from work which is ~25 miles of mostly highway cruising each way. Given how unremarkable these UOAs have been, I may not bother to sample it next time. On the other hand, it's currently running the new gas-to-liquid stuff from Pennzoil, so my curiosity may get the better of me. I guess we'll see in about 10 months.

OLM: -243 Miles
Oil Filter: Purolator PureONE PL14459
Air Filter: Purolator A26052
Previous oils (left to right): Pennzoil Platinum 0w20, Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 + LubroMoly MoS2, Pennzoil Ultra 5w20, Mobil 1 0w20, Factory Fill

fituoa6.png

I do see some slight differences with the Lubro Moly in terms of, +/- Moly, ^Calcium, ^Viscosity, ^Flash Point and ^TBN.

Yeah, most Honda 4 cyl's are boring! I understand that you are going to use the GTL PP?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I understand that you are going to use the GTL PP?

Yep! That's in the car right now.

Originally Posted By: gib
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I understand that you are going to use the GTL PP?

Yep! That's in the car right now.

Gotcha!

Originally Posted By: Tzu
Wish GM could build engines like Honda.
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Honda 4 bangers are just amazing

There are PLENTY of GM motors with extremely high miles. Metals shed differently if different motors and it doesn't necessarily correlate with longevity.

Somebody always posts this GM [censored] and the facts don't support it.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Awesome! Makes me a little crazy knowing I'm dumping my oil at 6k miles due to the manual/warranty demands.

Same here, I go 7500 on pen platiinum in the hyundai for warranty purposes. I'm sure it could go 10k.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Awesome! Makes me a little crazy knowing I'm dumping my oil at 6k miles due to the manual/warranty demands.

Same here, I go 7500 on pen platiinum in the hyundai for warranty purposes. I'm sure it could go 10k.

Not only that, Subaru had lowered it for the '14s. Used to be 7500 miles as well.

Good engine with easy highway driving couples with good oil so the result is expected.

With the same driving condition I would extend OCI to 1 year at around 14-15k miles.

The factory filled had slightly higher metals but still way below average for break in at 10k miles.

Excellent report! I can't cherry pick anything negative out of it... ok flash took a small hit.. there. I found something
grin.gif

That filter is long gone, but there is a Subaru Forester in the family with about 10k miles on it that will have its oil changed in the near future. It uses the same filter. I'll cut that one open if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back