Powerwasher Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, we were using our Karcher powerwasher and half way through the job the motor started blowing smoke and had some oil coming out of the muffler? What can this be? Headgasket? or Worst!

The powerwasher has been pretty well maintained and is in good shape for its age. It had its last oil change last winter right before storage. Oil level was fine. Also no, a two stroke mix was not used in this 4 stoke motor.

If this is fixable I want to see if I can do it myself because I am sure if i take it to the local mower shop it might cost more then it is worth. It is though in good condition and has worked great for many years. Let me know what your opinions are and if you think this might be something I can do on my own.

thanks for the help

It could be a head gasket, or something else. But did you check the oil level after the event? Is it overfilled? My Honda powered power washer did the same thing and the carb was bad. It was dumping gas into the oil like crazy and the oil level was way up. I realize it is a different designed engine but that can happen with a bad carb and cause the issues you described. At any rate it is something easy to check.

Was it tipped over or stored in a tipped position? If so, and it still runs, let the smoke blow until it clears itself up. If you tip a small engine the wrong way, oil will get into all the wrong places and will have to burn off. Make sure your oil filter isn't soaked in oil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back