Postcard from Earth show at The Sphere in Vegas

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
Visited The Sphere in Vegas for the "Postcard from Earth" show.

It was a great experience overall, we had side section 304 seats on the second level which were $79 each. The center 200 section has the best view since you are in the middle of the sphere but seats are $249 IIRC. There was a lot of empty seating in the middle section, I don't think many can afford $249 / seat.

Despite the theater being 60% full, the line outside was very long and we arrived 30 minutes early. I recommend arriving an hour early. Parked onsite for $18.

Spoiler Alert:

The show itself was a kind of Discovery Channel experience starting off with interstellar travelers waking up in a space capsule on it's way to a dead planet to seed it for life. Most of the footage shows different parts of Earth, flora, fauna, geography, and culture. A constant theme of the narrator was guilt tripping the audience with a woke / environmentalism vibe that we are ruining the planet.

At first the show started off with a small section of the screen with video but then slowly expands into the whole sphere which is where the fun starts. There also is smell-o-vision or whatever it's called now, constantly pumping in different aromas. You could smell jet exhaust in the airport scene, flowers, ocean, etc.

The lobby has cheesy talking androids and sci-fi displays. An interesting one was about how the dynamic sound system works. Basically, multiple languages can be beamed to different parts of the theater simultaneously so foreign visiting groups can hear it in their native language while everyone else hears it in English.

I recommend it overall, just arrive early.

Sphere 1.jpg

Sphere map.JPG

Android.JPG

Sphere 2.jpg
Sphere 3.jpg

Back