post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Hello,

I have a Ford Fusion SE with engine V6 - 3.0L engine, what do you recommend to use for that? Is Mercon 5 passable?
I only use M1 atf in my 2007 Fusion, and the trans still shifts great both up and down. M1 atf meets several types of trans. By the way my trans is the FNR-5 five speed.

Fill N Spill on Tundra in signature..

Out --- 4 quarts of Idemitsu and prior ownership transmission fluid (237 miles)

In --- 3 quarts of Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS) 1 quart of Valvoline Maxlife ATF and 1/2 bottle of LubeGard Red
20240203_135743.jpg

Ps. My 3rd spill N Fill since purchasing.

2020 challenger scatpack 6 speed. Put redline c+ in. Shifting like butter. Also replaced the rear diff fluid with redline 75w85. Suspect neither had ever been changed at 21k miles.

On a side note very nice of chrysler to put the drain plug for the trans right above a crossmember....

2016 Mazda6 six speed manual
71,600 miles
Out: factory fill
In: Redline MTL

The factory fluid was darker than I expected it to be at 71k, and it smelled a little bit like Malathion insecticide. The Redline MTL was almost crystal clear. I’ve never seen a gear oil this pale, but it’s a GL4 fluid and is well-reviewed.

Last edited:
Started the Spills N Fills on 2008 Tundra in signature at (154,877 miles..)

First Spill N Fill was a really dark fluid. Today it was nice an red coming out finally.

Today was my final Spill N Fill --- (156,360 miles...)

Total tally was --- 15 quarts of Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS) with 1 quart of Valvoline Maxlife Multivehicle and 3 bottles of LubeGard Red with the last half bottle today. Last batch -- Idmitsu 4 quarts and half bottle of LubeGard red. New crushwashers each time.

Start changing out every 20K is the plan --- (hopefully..)

Last edited:
Started the Spills N Fills on 2008 Tundra in signature at (154,877 miles..)

First Spill N Fill was a really dark fluid. Today it was nice an red coming out finally.

Today was my final Spill N Fill --- (156,360 miles...)

Total tally was --- 15 quarts of Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS) with 1 quart of Valvoline Maxlife Multivehicle and 3 bottles of LubeGard Red with the last half bottle today. Last batch -- Idmitsu 4 quarts and half bottle of LubeGard red. New crushwashers each time.

Start changing out every 20K is the plan --- (hopefully..)

Nice! How's she shifting?

Did an annual 4 qt dump and fill, 10k miles and 1 yr, mostly hwy miles, since the last time. Inside of pan/magnet were clean.
2002 C5 Corvette w/4L60.
In w/Amsoil ATL.

Back