post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Valvoline Maxlife Multi Vehicle in 1993 Toyota Pickup, 2002 Sienna, and 2004 4Runner. Gets fully exchanged maybe every 80-100K miles I think, or whenever I remember it's been a long time. Maxlife is full synthetic, so it should last a bit longer than the original OEM fluids.

2013 Ford Focus w/5-speed. 111.4K. Original trans oil.

Out - 2 qts of Motorcraft DCT fluid
In - 2 qts of Motorcraft DCT fluid

GM Guys here’s a good buy

I just bought another 6 pack !👍

Attachments

• 26B7A1F2-E779-4470-8FEA-346C9D86FBC2.jpeg
    26B7A1F2-E779-4470-8FEA-346C9D86FBC2.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
2003 Camry, daughters, in family since new. 119K on car, 68k since last drain/refill X3.
This time only did 2 drain & refills. Out and in Maxlife ATF 3.7 quarts.
Also replaced the rear brake shoes. Took me a while, last time I replaced brake shoes was 60 years ago.
I've been spoiled with brake pads.

Ford2017 Escape, 2.0L Ecoboost
Drain & Fill

Odo at change: 90,035
Out: Unsure; there was spillage around the vent/fill cap, so the PO may have changed the fluid at least once..
Est. Hours on oil: Unknown
Miles on oil: Unknown

In: 6qts Valvoline Maxlife FS ATF (low viscosity ATF, meeting/ akin to Mercon LV), and 1 qt of Supertech Synthetic ATF DexVI / Mercon LV formula

Did two drain and fills. The fill was done on the level check hole. Both times the fluid that drained (all of ~3.5ish quarts) was black. Will do again in 20k miles.
Ford 2017 Escape, 2.0L Ecoboost
Drain & Fill

Odo at change: 119,670
Out: 4qts
In: 1 gallon jug of Valvoline Maxlife FS ATF (LV ATF meeting Mercon LV)
Was able to fill at the top of the transmission fill hole this time by removing the air filter housing. Took some bravery..

Also replaced the air filter. Last change for air filter was at 90,035, the last transmission D&F.

Just did another drain and fill on my 2009 Fusion with FNR5, 206000km

Approximately 4 quarts out of a purple looking mix of M5 fluids, approximately 4 quarts back in of brand new bright red BeckArnley M5 Fluid.

2015 Ford F150. Drain and fill. 4 quarts Motorcraft Mercon VI, 4 quarts Valvoline Maxlife ATF. 125k, 135k, 145k.

2016 Honda Odyssey. Drain and fill. 3.5 quarts Genuine Honda DW-1. 60k, 65k.

I did front diff and transmission fluid pan drop and filter change today . 2 qt for front diff and almost 9 qt for transmission . Most peoples say it took 7.5 qt for pan drop and filter change on the 6r80 Ford transmission . Idk I over fill it not .

I was add 5 qt and it’s already come out the fill hole . I start up the engine and it’s empty on dip stick . I keep add half qt and shift from park to 1 . And back to part . Fan come on 2 time . And fluid level was at hot cross mart . Tight everything back up . Take it out for a drive . Drive awesome ! Went home and put in park while engine run and my dip stick level was way way above the cross mark . Did I over fill ?

anyway I use 2 jug of Valvoline Max life . Even though Ford not approve or Licence .Mercon LV . I do trust valvoline max life . I been use it for ever in many different vehicles for not to trust it

Anyway the front diff . I was using a bottle pump . Fluid come out white milky and thick . I was gonna replace with cheap super tech 80-90 and flush it . But I end up using valvoline full synthetic 75w90 .

look like the atf filter never been change . Still have Ford original number

View attachment 48114View attachment 48114View attachment 48115View attachment 48116View attachment 48113
There is a very specific way to check the trans fluid on the 6R80. It needs to be something like 190F steady fluid temperature, and running, and in park, on a level surface, before you will get any sort of accurate reading on the dip stick.

These transmissions have thermostats built in for controlling the fluid temperature.The fluid volume changes with heat. These are excellent transmissions co-developed by Ford and GM. They are engineered to run quite a bit warmer than some people are used to. Correct procedure for fluid level checks must be followed strictly.

I'd wager you overfilled by a half quart or more. You can get a syphon pump with rubber hoses and some plastic tubing (think tupperware not dixie cup) and pull out a cup or two at a time. Don't rush. The stick reads at an angle so a little fluid will make a big difference in height.

Last edited:
2017 Hyundai Elantra -6spd Auto - 55,000km, drain and refill using Hyundai SP4-M.. Going to change again at 100,000km...

Back