post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Changed my bearings and seals on rear axle due to leak on drivers side. Did both drivers and passenger bearing and seal change. So I had to drain differential for this job.

Miles 201615. Out ST Synthetic 95w140 and ford differential additive. About 2.7 quarts.

In Valvoline Synpower. No additive yet due to Valvoline claiming additive not needed.

2002 Lincoln Continental. 30K miles since last full system flush. Drained and flushed entire system - used approx 17 qts.

Out: Filtran Microfelt filter (USA). Probably some cheapo brand of Dex III was in there from the 2012 Monroe flush.

In: Motorcraft FT-128 filter - Filtran Microfelt (PA66+GF 33 Taiwan). Amalie Mercon V.

Just done two pan drops on 87 mercury AOD and 97 Buick 4T60E. Dropped pan on each cold and let them drain for 24 hours. On each I got around 7 quarts out. New filters, and refilled with STech. DEX 3 and 5 respectively on each. Each got a bottle of Lubeguard Red for preventive measures.Done for a while.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
Just done two pan drops on 87 mercury AOD and 97 Buick 4T60E. Dropped pan on each cold and let them drain for 24 hours. On each I got around 7 quarts out. New filters, and refilled with STech. DEX 3 and 5 respectively on each. Each got a bottle of Lubeguard Red for preventive measures.Done for a while.

I like the idea of the overnight drain in the transmission. I'm going to keep that in mind for when I do my Liberty in a few months.

On both cars, one had sat for a long time(MONTHS) while the other sat for 24 hrs before removing the pan, the oil already had settled in the pan before removing.Also, I removed the filter right away since there was a lot behind it. Unfortunately many ned their cars and cannot afford to having them sitting around.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
On both cars, one had sat for a long time(MONTHS) while the other sat for 24 hrs before removing the pan, the oil already had settled in the pan before removing.Also, I removed the filter right away since there was a lot behind it. Unfortunately many ned their cars and cannot afford to having them sitting around.

True, not the problem here though. Two drivers and three vehicles makes one sitting overnight or even a week for that matter not a problem.

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD - 230,000 miles. Cleaned out the stashes: nearly a quart of Mobil 1 ATF, a quart and a partial of Amsoil ATF, remainder Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle. Hasn't had the "required" SP-III fluid since factory fill (but we don't drive it hard).

2001 Subaru Forester 224,000 miles. More stash clean out: two quarts of Parts Plus (Amalie) conventional Dex/Merc, remainder Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle. Also drained and refilled the front differential: One quart Amsoil 75w-90, remainder from an opened quart of Valvoline DuraBlend 80w-90.

1997 Honda Accord Wagon - 2.2 -F22B1 Automatic

Mileage on vehicle -191,393
OCI - 2 yrs ish - no mileage recorded last service
21.gif

Out - 2.5 qts of Amsoil OE Synthetic Auto Transmission Fluid - Red Bottle

In - Same

2008 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 4.7 litre..Had a transmission cooler burst in my radiator and i installed a brand new rad and flush the whole system.Lost Mobil 1.. In Moble 1 with 10 quarts to bring everything up to level

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2L with 6sp manual transmission.

Out 2L 5w30 M1 HM 3750 miles on fluid
In 2L AC Delco Syncromesh trans fluid part number 10-4014

1993 BMW 320i, with 5 speed Getrag - unknown mileage on Transmission and differential oil, vehicle had accrued 200,000km (124,274mi), interval is 50,000km (30K mi).

Replaced with Redline ATF oil, per the orange sticker on transmission: "ATF OIL ONLY"

Used Redline 70w-90 in the differential, met appropriate specifications.

This was in January of 2016.

Last edited:
2011 Ram in my sig. 1243xxkm
out: factory fill with the oem Mopar filters (Filtran SPX)
in: Co-op ATF-SL multi vehicle full PAO with oem Mopar filters.

Shifts and drives great.

2007 Ford Taurus, 4F50N automatic
120,xxx miles
This car gets a cooling line drain/fill every 30,000 miles. 14 quarts does the job.
Out: Supertech Mercon V
In: Supertech Mercon V

95 Camry 4cyl auto:
Drain plug/fill--out Toyota, in Maxlife. Will repeat and do differential in two weeks. Looked great.

2005 Camry V6, 190k

Out: probably the original fluid
In: Full flush using 11 quarts of Genuine Toyota T-IV. Fluid looks "acceptable" but could probably use a second flush.

2009 Matrix, 130k
Out: factory fill
In: Redline MTL

2008 Ford Taurus X, 6F50 automatic
95,xxx miles
My wife just bought this car so I'm getting maintenance up to date.
Out: I believe it was factory fill
In: Valvoline Maxlife, 15 quarts

Back