post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2001 Ford F-350 5.4/5 speed.

Transmission - in Supertech Mercon V, Out FF "Synthetic Mercon"
Transfer Case - In Supertech Multi Vehicle ATF, out FF "Synthetic Mercon"

59000 miles

2008 Crown Vic:

-Mag1 ATF and LG Red
-Also changed filter w/ Motorcraft and installed a pan with a drain plug

111,002 miles.

Nissan Navara D22 (Frontier in US Parlance).

Gearbox
Out Penrite 74W85 synth
In Castrol VMX-M - and I'm wondering why I ever went chasing synthetics with the way it shifts.

Rear Diff
Out Redline 75W90 (mistake putting that in according to the magnet)
In Castrol Syntrax 80W140 synthetic

Tx Case
Out Chief Semi Synth 75W90
In Chief Synthetic Universal ATF.

Front Diff - nothing, it was going to get the lightly used Redline, but the redline was too sparkly for my liking, so the Chief Semi Synth 75W90 stayed in.

Power Steering
Out a cupfull
In a cupfull of Castrol transmax Universal Synth ATF

'06 Acura TL - Drain and fill of the transmission, 3.5 quarts total. 2 quarts of Redline lightweight Racing (Type F) and1.5 quarts of Redline D4 (Dex III). Along with replacing the pressure switches every 2 years this transmission has been great to 142,000 miles and shifts like new. I've been using a DexIII and/or Type F since it had 20,000 miles on it. This transmission must have a fairly thin fluid, especially upon startup. Even though it's hot where I live, I can easily get away with the thin racing fluid because I have a large cooler and it rarely hits 170F. With the normal viscosity fluid, the TCC would barely drag but it did drag when cold/cool which is probably the culprit in all of the converter clutch failures I've seen.

Powersteering - Just did a drain and fill of Redline High Temp ATF. Steering feel is more consistent year round. Ive used the Redline ATF in it for almost 50,000 miles and before that was Amsoil PSF which is a little too thin now.

'09 Pontiac G8 GT:

Transmission (6L80E deep pan upgrade):
Out: FF (ACDelco Dexron VI)
In: CAM2 Full Synthetic Dexron VI and some LG red

Rear Axle (ZF limited-slip diff with carbon lining):
Out: FF (ACDelco (92184900)
In: ACDelco (92184900) 75W-85 Rear Axle Lubricant and LG Limited Slip Supplement

Drained 4 quarts of fluid out of the Kia and replaced with 4 quarts of Amsoil ATF. It seems to work well. I tried MaxLife a few years ago, and the shifting felt really soft, so I have been using the SPIII from the dealer, but its the same price as the Amsoil, so I thought I would give it a shot. Amsoil feels perfect.

2008 Jeep Liberty:

Pan drop, new OE filter, and fluid exchange. Castrol ATF+4, LG Red, total 12 qts. ATF with exchange.
29,970 miles on old fluid and filter.

Application:
Known: Old Mobilift forklift
Assumed: White Mobilift Model MY40, serial # unknown, year unknown

Out:
Some watery milky looking unknown substance. Probably 40 year old Type A transmission fluid.

In:
12 quarts of Valvoline Max Life synthetic Dex/Merc ATF. Needs 1 or 2 quarts more.

1990 Volvo 240 DL M47 5 speed transmission:

Out: Type F transmission fluid
In: SuperTech Type F transmission fluid

Rear axle:

Out: Don't remember
In: SuperTech 75W-90 synthetic blend

5 speed transmission is going into reverse a lot better now.

2006 Honda Odyssey BGRA 5 speed, 136k
Out: Unknown fluid, probably at least 60k old
In: 3 gallons MaxLife, 1 gallon Amsoil ATF, Lubegard Red
Took until draining 3rd time to see any red in the fluid
frown.gif

2011 Ford Fusion 2.5 6F35, 89.5k miles
Out: Original factory fill (shame on me)
In: 2 gallons of Amsoil ATL, Lubegard Red
battery reset. Car shifts wonderfully now!

'07 Crossfire roadster 6 sp manual

Out: Ford XT-M5-QS

In: MB OEM manual gearbox fluid spec 235.10

After much experimentation (5w20 motor oil per owner's manual, Amsoil synchromesh & the above Ford fluid), I finally found the right stuff. Tranny now clicks through the gears like never before. Factory fill was ATF.

2012 Nissan Rogue

2 drain and fills...4.25 quarts out each time

out Factory NS-2 CVT

in Amsoil CVT

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4t40e (brothers new car)
Out: factory fill 108,000 miles
In: merc/dex III 7 quarts with new filter

Old fluid still looked decent☺

2013 Honda Pilot, 45k miles
Out: 3.5q DW1
In: 3.5q DW1

2009 Honda Accord 3.5 V6, 75k miles
Out: 3.5q DW1
In: 3.5q DW1

Both cars get the same drain and refill every 15k miles. I'm keeping it simple...

2002 Honda Odyssey

Out : 4q DW1
In : 4q DW1

15 minute drive. Then repeated the above 2 more times. Will change the filter this evening and extract a sample for UOA as a baseline / starting point of a 10k re-check.

Within the last month I changed the transmission fluid in my old '97 5-speed 4Runner.

Out: Redline MT90
In: Amsoil MTG 75w90

I really didn't expect any difference, as I've had some notchiness going into 3rd, for years. I was shocked that the Amsoil MTG seems to have completely cured that. I drive this vehicle very little these days, but I was still debating pulling the trans and rebuilding it, because the notchiness annoyed me. Now, I'll just leave it alone.

I also did a cooler line flush on a Hyundai Sonata for a Family member.

Out: sad looking SPIII
In: Valvoline Maxlife

The tranny is shifting better than it ever has, according to the enthusiastic reports I've been getting.

'14 F150 4x4 6R80 trans with 81,000 on factory fluid, which was recommended to be changed at 150k based on owners manual. Fluid was very dark, did not smell burnt..but it looked used up. Pan drop, new MC filter, and refilled with MC Mercon LV. Big difference ! Shifts had gotten slow and sloppy, firmer and quicker now, good news !

Back