post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2001 VW Cabrio w/ 156000 miles

Out- Unknown, black, stinkin [censored] that didn't even look like ATF

In- 1 gallon Valvoline Maxlife with new filter!

6 quarts Amsoil ATF , drained via a Mityvac. Previously drained/added Mobil 1 ATF 6 quarts 8 months ago.

05 Taurus , 67,000 miles.

2003 BMW 325Ci with ZF 5HP19, 90k miles

Out : Redline D4 ATF with ~37k miles. Fluid came out red, much like when it came in.
In : Redline D4 ATF, ~6.5 quarts. New filter and cleaned out the pan magnets.

It feels smoother, but that could all be in my head.

95 F150 with very high mileage ,I took the gamble

out:unknown but still looked not bad

in: Certified"Sam's club brand" Mercon ,12 QTs

Still no difference in the shift quality for me but I feel better

that it has new fluid running

New to me 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L

Drained 2.5qts of possibly original fluid

Refilled with Wolfs Head ATF and LG Red.

Planning to do a filter change and flush later.

Last edited:
97 F250, Mazda 5 speed manual.
Out: 4 quarts dark but still red ATF.
In: 4 quarts Amsoil ATF

Would this application benefit from lubeguard red like an auto does? My syncros have probably seen better days and some whine during gear engagement.

Another drain and fill in my 98 328is Auto using Valvoline Maxlife ATF after about 830 miles since the first drain and fill. About 31k miles on this rebuilt trans and it seems to be running strong.

20120806 (today)

Front Diff- Schaeffers 75w90 3 quarts
Rear Diff- Schaeffers 75w90 4 quarts
Transmission (g-56)- Schaeffers ATF 7 quarts
Transfer Case- Schaeffers ATF 3 Quarts

Also Greased everything

The ALL ATF is going to get replaced with Schaeffers Superlube in the next few weeks I just got to find it.

05 Malibu

Full flush with Suepertech DEX VI and a bottle of lubeguard

05 Equinox

Drain and fill a month ago with Maxlife. Going to do another drain and fill with maxlife. Going to do a third and final this fall, this time adding a bottle of LGR.

2004 Pt Cruiser 137k

Out: Unknown fluid unknown mileage

In: Peak Multivehicle ATF and new filter also installed new transmisson pan with drain plug will be draining now every 5k when engine oil is done and refilled

2004 mercury grand Marquis. 43k miles Castrol. Mercon V, ford filter, b&m transmission pan. Out- factory fill

00 celica gts

Out: ???? Dark brown something. Maybe 80w-90 dino gear oil?

In: 1 qt Redline Lightweight Shockproof, 1.4 qt Redline Superlight Shockproof

Difference? On a cold start this morning, I experienced NO stiffness, mush, or notchy shift action compared to what was in it before. On a 50 degree morning, it felt like the tranny was at operating temperatures.

02 Lexus GS300

Full flush using radiator coolant line. 12 qts Toyota T-IV. Rear diffy drained mobile 1 Syn 75-90 and filled with same. Also did brake fluid and plugs today.

2000 Accord 4 cyl with 150k on car, 30k since last dran, fill and filter install. Drained 3qts, flushed 1 more thru the cooling line and refilled with Maxlife. Also changed the Magenfine ATF filter. Opened up filter and it looked clean. Some build up on the filter magnet, about the same amount as the drain plug magnet.

Last edited:
Had a 4-quart drain-and-fill done as a part of other work on my Tribute today at my work (CT). Added Motomaster 'multi-vehicle' ATF added. Tranny shifts much better now.

Back