post your latest transmission lubricant change.

I just changed the fluid on my 1995 Mercedes E320.
The car has 140K, the fluid 30K. Dex III is used.
The fluid came out rather clean. The pan was clean and the magnet had very little fuzz.
I plan on extending the next change to 50K.

2013 Cruze RS … 102k w/ 22k since last drain/fill …
4 quarts AC Delco Dex VI out
4 quarts Valvoline Maxlife MV in

2015 Odyssey Touring 60K miles
Out - factory fill, 4 quarts
In - 3.6 quarts DW-1

I always drain 3 quarts outta Hondas / Acuras.
Was surprised to drain 4 quarts.

Will do it 1 more time in maybe a week.

Originally Posted By: JeffKeryk
2015 Odyssey Touring 60K miles
Out - factory fill, 4 quarts
In - 3.6 quarts DW-1

I always drain 3 quarts outta Hondas / Acuras.
Was surprised to drain 4 quarts.

Will do it 1 more time in maybe a week.

There is a software update available to improve fluid life by changing the torque converter operation. Make sure it is done.

2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0 - 6 spd manual

FCI - 23,685 miles and 2.5 years

Out - 2.0 qts of factory original manual trans fluid - came out light honey colored

In - 2.0 qts of Honda Genuine Manual transmission fluid

Shifting better already , not as notchy from first to second.

Last edited:
00 Dakota 89k .. Pan pulled and filter replaced. What a pain that cork gasket was!

Out.. Thinking factory fill.
In.. 5-ish qts of OReilly ATF4

05 Chevy 3500 4L80E.. 60k .. Pan pulled and filter replaced for the last time!

Out and In.. Maxlife

This transmission is about done so might not do anything further to it.

Last time I do two transmissions in a day. So many bolts my arms felt they'd fall off.

2010 Hyundai Elantra - 65k miles
Out: Probably Hyundai SPIII, though doesn't appear to be the factory fill as fluid looked decent... and some joker over torqued the plug in the drain pan so I'll have to deal with that next time. 2x drain and fill from the cooler lines for now...
In: Valvoline MaxLife

2016 Wrangler 6speed NSG370 - 10.5K
Out FF
In Penzzoil Syncromesh 2qrts

The writeups I saw said it was a PITA to do because they blocked the drain plug with the exhaust pipe. They must have fixed this with the later JK's because the pipe is moved back and I was able to fit a normal allen socket in there.
No the trans was not under filled from the factory (like a lot claim on the forums) and yes there was tons of [censored] on the magnetic drain plug
shocked.gif

Transfer case got 2qrts of ST ATF+4

Question about the internal transmission filter in my 2006 Nissan Pathfilter automatic v6.

drop the pan and the screen has several bolts..3 of the are attached into the inside of the transmission so the bold turns when you try to unloose it...any ideas on this one?

4 quarts Toyota WS transmission fluid, drain and fill.
drive for three days, removed badly dented pan from PO. installed new pan & gasket.
4 more quarts Toyota WS transmission fluid.

Just did the poor mans flush today. Got almost 4 quarts out of the xterra. replaced with Amsoil ss atf (blue bottle). Do this about every 2 years. 38,000 miles on the xterra.

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD 2.5L @ 60K mi.

About 4.7 Quarts Out - Factory Fill (Somewhat darkened and burned. Magnets had a fair amount of goop/shavings. Filter had one or two slivers inside the medium)

About 4.7 Quarts In - Valvoline MaxLife ATF (Pan drop, filter replaced, gasket replaced)

Side Note: I know there's a recall for the torque converter shudder issue and an ECU flash to go along with it. Having not experienced this issue as of yet, is it advisable to get the flash done without having the torque converter replaced first? I'd just go get it all done but it's my understanding that the dealership won't cover the recall unless they can verify you are experiencing the issues. Any input?

Last edited by a moderator:
2006 Subaru Outback H4 @ 96K miles normal 50/50 city/highway miles with no towing history.

Out - 5 qts factory fill (pretty dark and no shades of pink color).

In - 12 qts (7 for cooler line flushing method) Subaru HP fluid purchased from subaruonlineparts.com, Beck/Arnley internal screen assy, and ATP pan filter gasket from rockauto.com, and Subaru OEM external ATF filter from amazon.com.

No real issues before service. Maybe the sense of "feeling" the shift between gears. Seems smoother after new fluid and not as noticeable. No excessive buildup in the ring magnet. Most time spent removing factory rtv and tight external filter. >15 min driving to assure ATF up to temp before adding the last qt to fill to "hot" mark on dipstick at running idle.

2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4, about 45k miles. Pan drop, NAPA filter with Supertech Dex VI. YouTube videos indicated the back of the pan wouldn't clear the exhaust crossover unless you jury rigged a device to pull down the exhaust. I wedged a 2x4 in and drove a couple of shims in to get clearance. Still took a bit of work to get the pan to clear.

Putting it back on, I was smart enough to remove the dipstick, lol. Slid on like a champ. Now, I wonder if the clearance issue would go away if only the dipstick was removed first.

Fluid didn't look bad, magnet only had a coating of very fine metal on it. No other metal in pan, and the bottom was clean. I've been a disbeliever in doing fluid transfers instead of pan drops, but in this case, I'm not sure the pan drop with filter change was necessary. I do know GM calls for it at 45k with severe service, but the dealer only wants to do fluid exchanges. Guess like other dealers, they are tired of returns from leaking tranny pans caused by techs being in too much of a hurry to torque the pan bolts correctly.

Back