post your latest transmission lubricant change.

On July 3rd, Will be dropping pan replacing filters on a 68RFE, Then flushing with 17.5 Quarts of Amsoil Multi-Vehicle ATF. Bye Bye ATF+4

Tom

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7, 68RFE, long bed SRW. Truck is a beast!!!
2015 Open Range TT 33.6 ft long, Gross loaded wt 9900 Lbs

79 trans am with 4sp manual. 2000 mi flush

Drained autozone 85w140/gm grape
Installed Pennzoil synchromesh

Had about 1/8 inch of metal Mudd on magnetic drain plug

out with the cheap old from 2011 nissan lube with only 28,xxx on it with a milky look, in with top of line Redline MT85 in the nissan 6 spd manual, feels better + so do I!! from experience it will get even better after a thou!!

Twofer here:

Mom's '04 XC70 got a triple D&F with Valvoline Maxlife, spaced out over several days. 3.5 qts each time. Fluid was brown, smelly, and past due (new to us used car). Transmission would sometimes shift flare. Hasn't acted up at all since the change.

Car in sig got a single D&F with Maxlife when I rebuilt trans cooler lines and added external cooler. 4 qts out; 4.25 qts back in due to increased volume in hoses and cooler. Fluid only had 15k on it and was just a slightly dark red, but wanted to get the generic DexIII and a few percent more old factory fill out while I was at it.

Replaced the gear oil in the manual trans of my wife’s ‘92 Mercury Capri convertible with Valvoline Maxlife ATF, this past weekend, as the car is spec’d for ATF in the first place. Someone who thought they were doing the car a favor put gear oil in it some time in its life. Wife says it shifts way better now. I believe her...

Last edited:
Over the weekend I dropped the pan and changed the filter on the Ranger. Installed a new Dorman pan with a drain plug
banana2.gif
. I had a stash of old Valvoline Mercon V that was still officially licensed by Ford (the Valvoline Mercon V you find in stores is no longer licensed) that I used to refill it.

Planing to change the 6spd trans fluid in my 2015 M3 soon. I think I will use Red line D4 ATF.

Last edited:
2017 Honda CR-V

19,570 miles.

Out: Honda HCF-2
In: Honda HCF-2 (4 quarts)

Magnet:

Fluid being re-installed:

I also reset sub-code #3 in the Maintenance Minder system (even though it had not appeared) using Honda's i-HDS:

Last edited:
2016 JK Rubicon 10K miles on unit. Pan drop, filter change, fluid exchange. Now I'll probably do it every 30K miles. OE filter, OE gasket, Castrol ATF+4.

Last edited:
2006 Accord V-6

Drain/fill three quarts Honda DW-1

Kind of "I have nothing to do today" moment and it's been awhile. The maintenance minder suggested I change it too. Used Amsoil in the past, but needed the fluid today.

2011 GMC Sierra 6L80E, ~102,500 miles. First change completed at 50,000 miles.

drain & fill, 6 quarts GM-approved Mag1 (Warren Petroleum) Dexron-VI

OE #24236933 filter

Exhaust crossover must be lowered ~3/4" for pan R&R!

94 ford f150 4r70
out supertech mercon V
in supertech mercon v with one bottle of lubegard friction modifier
the inline filter on the oil cooler was just changed 8,300 miles back i change it every 25,000 miles.

2010 GMC 4L60e … drain 4 quarts Transmax MV Synthetic ATF and replace with same … remote filter not due until fall …

Back