post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2 weeks ago, purchased a used 2004 Saturn Ion 5spd and it was a little tough getting it into 1st gear. Drained MTF and replaced with 2 qts Amsoil ATF. Shifts a lot better now and will keep the MT fine until I retire the car.

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Replaced Hyundai OEM SP-III swill with Valvoline MaxLife DEX/MERC, and I could swear I heard my car whisper "thank you..." when I was done.

2006 Altima with a grand total of 20,500 miles on it:

After 13 months and 10,146 miles, drained and replaced 7 quarts of Nissan Matic-D along with the Magnefine in-line filter.

Added 8oz of Red Lubegard.

2004 Toyota Corolla Manual Transmission
First change, 66000 miles
Super Tech Semi-Syn 75w-90
The factory fill looked and smelled good upon draining.

I did a drain/fill with Valvoline Maxlife ATF in my Mom's 2008 Pontiac Vibe with 32Kmi. Easier than an engine oil change on that car.

Last edited:
2004 Honda Accord 5-manual, 2 qts Honda MTF, "new" formula.

1993 Mazda Miata, Redline MT-90 in tranny, Redline 75W90 in differential.

Changed the ATF and filter in the girlfriend's Grand Prix. Used 8 quarts of Amsoil ATF and used an OEM replacement filter. Girlfriend says it shifts much more smoother now. Fluid was original as far as I know and the car had 214,000kms at the time of change. Will do another fluid and filter change sometime this summer.

Redline 75W-90 in Toyota 4Runner 2007 Sport 4 x 4: front and rear diffs and transfer case.

This stuff is unbelievably SUPER SLICK!

Use 20W-50 V-Twin in my Harley, including the Shockproof for the Tranny, MTL for the Primary and will use the 20W-50 in the motor.

Drain and fill of daughter's 2001 Subaru Forester AT, 5 qts Amsoil ATF, replaced filter (I bought this with ~174k on it and no maintenance history - the old tranny filter was a NAPA, so it had been changed at least once).

2008 Ford F-150 5.4L XLT 4X4
Fluid changed at 96,000km
Petro-Canada Duradrive MV Synthetic ATF

Duradrive MV Synthetic ATF is approved for Ford Mercon V (M5080701)

2002 VW Jetta 2.0L, 01M 4 speed transmission
Changed the fluid and filter, used 3 liters of Pentosin ATF-1.
This fluid is supposedly sealed and never needs servicing. It was odd that there is a drain plug and only 4 bolts to remove to drop the pan.

2004 f150 (changed at 130k)
fluid and filter change
5qts valvoline merc V
1 qt lucas transmission fix

2004 explorer (changed at 90k)
atf flush at dealer
motorcraft mercon V

2001.5 Pathfinder, 122,632 miles
Drain & fill on April 25th, 2011
4 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife

I pulled through the local dealer because I was having difficulty reading the transmission dipstick. Turns out I was a quart low (I had only put about 3.2qt in previously), and definitely felt it during shifting. Shifts great now, and I know the correct amount of fluid for drain & fills.

Back