Post your latest small engine oil change

My Subaru/Robin RG4300iS generator.

Out: RT5 10W-30 CJ with 31.5 hours on it (but almost 5 years...yeah yeah, I know)
In: RT5 10W-30 CK

Generator has 52.5 hours total since purchased in December 2011 and this was the third OCI. Oil looked like it could go a lot longer.

**Champion generator - 10w30 shell dino**

Craftsman mower coming up real soon - still putting a few more hours on last years oil change. Will use 10w30 shell dino

Changed oil in my hand-me-down Cub Cadet 2164. I think it's a 16hp Briggs.

1.75qts of Penn conventional 10w-40 and the only Briggs filter to choose from.

Yard Machine 20 inch push mower with a 140cc Powermore engine.

1st oil change since new of late last year.

put in a 50/50 mixture of Resolute SAE 30 and Advance Auto 10w30 both SL rated, found in my grandparents garage when cleaning it out a couple years ago.

Honda HRX217VKA
Honda GCV190 Engine.
Approx. 18-oz. of SuperTech 15w40.
25-hour OCI and new Air Filter

Big Dog Alpha 42" Z-turn
Kawasaki FR651V Engine with 226-hours.
2-qts. SuperTech 15w40.
Fram Ultra 3614.
50-hour OCI.

Last edited:
One month of service and approx. 5 hours of mowing.

Brand new Husqvarna RWD push mower with the Honda GVC 160 engine

Out -- HOP 4 stroke oil that came with the mower
In -- 14 ounces of T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle Full Synthetic

Honda push mower with GCV-160 motor.

Out: M1 5w30 High MIleage
In: Drip oil consisting of M1 5w20, 5w30, and 0w40. Possibly more...

What came out looked factory fresh; probably a wasted change. Put a new blade on today. I like to change the oil and sharpen the blade every time the mover gets flipped over. Guy at the mower shop that sold me the blade scolded me for the condition of my old blade, said it looked like it hadn't been sharpened in four years. Actually I sharpen it once or twice every year, and had done so towards the end of the season last fall.

Funny story. I backed over my string trimmer with my tractor Friday. Went and bought a new Husqvarna two stroke trimmer. Wife mad, understandably. Go to mom’s house for her birthday to say hi, and tell her about it. She says “you can take that P. O. S. Troy Bilt in the corner.

Wife wants to return the Husqvarna to Lowe’s, because now I have two. I reason that now I have a spare.

I tell you that to tell you this. The Troy Bilt is a four stroke, and has a little sump of crankcase oil. 3 ounces. I open the plug and surprise surprise, not a single drop runs out. So my latest OPE oil change is as follows:

Troy Bilt Four Stroke string trimmer.
Unknown hours
Out; Nothing.
In; Royal Purple 10w-30, 3 whole fluid ounces. (The jug was already open)
And it runs, somehow.

2017 Cub Cadet XT2 LX42
22hp Kohler V-twin
Out: Harvest King 10W-30
In: Harvest King 10W-30
Filter: Kohler

Rural King's oil is what I use in my vehicles, so why not my equipment, too?

1998 Honda push mower GCV160 engine
Out: Pennzoil Platinum 10W30
In: Pennzoil Platinum HM 5W30
Sharpened bottom blade (top blade was still sharp)
New Champion spark plug

Changed the oil in my Craftsman II push mower with the 3.5hp Tecumseh engine. Donating it to a girl my Wife works with who is on her own and needs a mower where she lives. Still starts on the first pull and runs great. Drained out Rural King 10w30 synthetic and filled with Conoco-Phillips 15w40 oil from the lube shop I work part time.

L8R,
Matt

Changed the oil in my Poulan 30" snow blower. Its the LCT powered AYP/Husky built thing. Not sure on the hours on this change but ballpark around the 50 hour mark in 2.5 seasons of use. Out was PPPP 5w30 and in was Castrol black bottle Syntec or what ever the new name for it is, 5w30. Using stabil and it starts first pull.

Back