Post your latest parts purchase

the parts are well designed but at the manufacturing level the cheapest components are used ... i never had issues with fit but quality is not good expect to replace in about 2 years or less

the parts are well designed but at the manufacturing level the cheapest components are used ... i never had issues with fit but quality is not good expect to replace in about 2 years or less
I'll probably put 5 thousand miles at most on this truck in the next two years as it only gets used for dump and scrap runs and the occasional trip to the hardware store.

A lot of my customers complain about TRW I personally don’t have any experience with them. Now MOOG is excellent that’s all I buy for my suspension parts and occasionally will get Mevotech depending on what’s available on RockAuto.
It's been awhile since I have done any front end work. The last time was in 2007. I rebuilt the whole front end of my 97 F150 using MOOG and TRW parts.
Back in the day when I was building/racing hot rods, I used TRW exclusively. Maybe their QC has gone downhill today.

2 x TP3018 fuel filter
6 x 29539579 Allison spin-on transmission filter
F8F4F018-B6C7-4498-8695-91ED766E1ABD.jpeg

Oil cooler lines for my 98 Chevy K1500 which have been leaking for awhile now. I bought the Dorman replacements even though people say they are no good. They do have a lifetime warranty for when they do start leaking again.

Currently the truck has the replacement GM ones that I had replaced under warranty years ago for leaking. I thought about buying replacement GM ones through Rock Auto but I'm not convinced they are much better given that the original and replacement GM ones didn't seem to last.

Ordered front/rear brake pads from Place For Brakes on October 8th. Arrived yesterday. Eighteen days, that's way too long. Noticed the Akebono pads were made the same day I ordered them. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Bah Humbug.

While I don’t have pictures, I did pick up a set of pads and rotors for the rear brakes on my 2004 Jaguar X-type AWD. I have a friend who is interested in it as something to have in reserve (he’s a REALTOR, so a nicer car as a second or third car is his choice). Yes, I warned him on the issues 😁.

Also picked up a set of rotors, pads, PowerStop red calipers and shocks for my 2011 Dodge Charger (to match the front). I haven’t put them on, as the car doesn’t NEED them now (unlike the Jag, which really does). If the weather holds, I’ll get both swapped out.

Finally, I have a set of non-greasable heavy duty u-joints going into the Crown Victoria. I had the rear end swapped out for a NOT whiny and noisy rear end. Limited slip 3.27 that is blissfully silent as it drives the car. But one of my installed u-joints on the salvage yard driveshaft popped off right near home, and now it’s a new project. I can only blame me - I need to clean the burrs out if the snap ring groove more thoroughly 😑. I have my old driveshaft so I’ll just redo that one.

Awhile back actually I got 2 hid headlights and front Napa platinum coated rotors.... $200+ for the bulbs and the rotors were $150....

Valve Cover Gaskets for my truck. RockAuto had a sale so I got two even though I only need one but for $1.33 a piece couldn’t beat that and it’s Fel-Pro brand too.

Brake rotors, wheel bearings and brake pads for a 1971 Chevrolet C10
Water pump for a 1998 Camaro Z28
Rear axle bearings, axle seals and pinion seal for a 1997 GMC K1500
alternator for a 1990 Jeep Cherokee
Passenger CV axle for a 1991 Chevrolet Lumina

Bought a new Motorcraft 850CCA battery for my 2018 F250
Factory battery leaking acid on the pos post !!

Back