Post your latest parts purchase

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Very nice of you panthermike! Did you put some Biotech in his engine? I may have to try some of that soon.
smile.gif

How did you know ...

AVNPerformance 12x1.25 Chrome Acorn Cone Seat Lug Bolts, 19mm Hex, 28mm Shank. I despise lug nuts, or in my case, lug bolts with caps on them. Replacing everyone of the lug bolts on my wife's Chrysler with solid peices. I finally had one that I had to hammer the 19mm socket onto. I guess having one go bad after 5-1/2 years and 110,000 miles isn't too bad. I won't have to worry about anymore going bad and being a pain to get on or off now.

Parts for replacement of plastic coolant bypass pipe: intake manifold gasket, metal pipe with flange gasket, TB gasket.
While I'm in there I'll install a new thermostat and new T-stat housing gasket (165k miles, it's about time).
6 quarts Toyota T-IV transmission fluid, for future services.
New wiper blades due to O'Reillys recent $5 off $5 coupons... could not pass those up.
These parts are all for the Tacoma. It's been a long time since I bought any new parts for the car or dirt bike.

I wanted to check out Rock Auto for purchasing new windshield wipers. I ordered two sets of wipers for my 2005 Taurus, both Motorcraft; one set of summer and one set of winter wiper blades. Thought I might as well get both sets to reduce shipping costs on Fedex. They arrived in a robust box, in good order with no hassles across the border. (y)

098A097F-055C-4096-AE1B-A911E965F4E5.jpeg5A1C9F71-581E-4EF3-AA40-BA3DD5B9E37E.jpegE159534B-C374-4299-84DE-C3CC2D640848.jpeg

I picked up and installed some parts in my 2006 Trailblazer,
Acdelco MU1655 fuel pump, evap canister and rear axle seals.

The fuel level sending unit was on the fritz, since the cost difference was not much more and the original had 250,000km, just replace it all.

I had replaced my evap vent solenoid a month ago, which fixed my large leak code but needed the canister to solve my air lock issue when fueling. The canister was chalked full of dust.

Then my seals failed, coated the brakes and such. I had noticed a slight seep when doing my fuel pump and well I know better.

Got the pump, canister and solenoid from Amazon and a gm dealer had the seals for the same price as online.

A PurolatorBOSS oil filter.
Some Stedlin air hose couplers.
A .pdf burned to CD of a Buick service manual.

My dad passed away a few weeks ago. I had to do a quick sale of my '03 Acura TL-S, and got his '17 Buick LaCrosse.
I've owned Hondas for a long time. Trying to figure out how to read a current GM service manual. The '61 Buick service manual
was easier.
The transmission is an interesting Aisin AF50-8 unit. From what I understand it uses Toyota World Standard (WS) fluid.

Heater hoses for the Mustang. Started it up the other day and immediately smelled coolant. Found the leak, went to pull one of the hoses off, and the plastic elbow broke off in my hand. Figured the other hose was due for replacement too.

It’s a mix of dealer and bugging The Critic for these things I needed for a 08 CR-V:
Filters, all OE Honda
Valve cover gaskets, plug tube seals
Spark plugs
Fluids

for an 09 Prius, I had to get a new coolant control valve for the CHS.

At work, 2 front air struts for a Porsche Panamera to the tune of......$3400, ouch. Also no name fuel pump for an 04 ram 1500 I picked up to flip.

A Flowkooler high flow water pump and a Hesco high flow thermostat housing for my Jeep.

Got the water pump in last weekend and will put in the thermostat housing this weekend.

Carquest Platinum Professional brake pads w/ 2 Carquest Rotors......part of their Brake Special w/$25 rebate per axle For the 99 Corolla in my sig.
Took advantage of 25% Off coupon code. When all is said and done, the total with the Coupon code and the $25 rebate will be less than $88.
Seems likes stout parts.......Time will tell!

Back