Post your latest oil change

2016 Kia Sorento, 3.3L V6 Lambda II engine. 106k miles on the odometer. Girlfriend’s car that I now get to maintain, which I’m pumped about! It sounds like the service intervals have been iffy, but it’s been a reliable vehicle for her and I want it to last. Peppy engine, I’ve gotta say. It’s a joy to drive.

Out: Unknown oil, unknown filter. Based on the O’Reilly sticker in the window, might have 5.5k miles on the oil.
In: 5w30 SuperTech full syn with a Fram Tough Guard filter. I’m planning on a 4k mile OCI. Not for any particular reason; I just like changing oil, and it’s a fun activity to do with her kids.

Last edited:
2023 Toyota Corolla with M20A-FKS

Out: TGMO 0W16 and Toyota 90915-YZZN1
In: TGMO 0W8 and Toyota 90915-YZZN1

Added Valvomax drain valve.

IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

I used to enjoy oil changes, seriously. But they are always getting squeezed in before doing something else. Today I had about 1 1/2 hours before needing to take my kid to karate. I know it’s plenty of time but I woulda let it drip more 😂

Got this on sale last year with rebate

IMG_8736.jpeg
IMG_8734.jpeg
IMG_8733.jpeg
IMG_8732.jpeg
IMG_8737.jpeg

Castrol Edge EP excellento John. Your Wix is a mid-tier for flow & trapping combo..... right up-my-alley also.
Two good choices.

Don't let your kids get too good with Karate. Then they will teach your wife the Fine Offensive / Defensive Art. Then right out-the-window goes our Male 51% Superiority of the home.

Last edited:
buddy of mine from school
2016 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T 83k miles on vehicle
2k miles in service, changed early due to quick lube and flashing “check oil level”

out/off: quick lube special with generic cartridge filter

in/on: 6 quarts Valvoline European 5w-40 with carquest premium 95154

That’s allot of work/cash beyond an annual water seal … !
Some like “aged” (me) - some like the Home Depot look …
Stain/sealer for me! It's much easier to clean the pollen/dirt/gunk off sealed wood than natural/porous wood. In fact, I haven't pressure washed the deck since sealing it a few years ago...

2015 Lexus IS250 5355mi on car

Out: Toyota 0W20 and filter, two years on oil and filter, unknown mileage. It was the nastiest oil I've smelt almost like a sour like smell to it.
In: 7qts Toyota 0W20 oil and 04152-YZZA5 filter.

img_0463-jpg.212629

Clean for a garage queen.
IMG_0464.JPG

And it's still got the original 10 year old Panasonic battery. Had to do a CCA test using the Solar BA9 tester on it and it tested 380CCA. I let him keep a Battery Tender to keep the battery charged up. I also let him know that it needs to be changed out already.
IMG_0466.JPG

Buick LaCrosse 2005 3800 Series 3 v6

Total miles on engine 169385
Total miles on oil 4291

Out: Quaker State 5w30 Full Synthetic High Mileage SP

In: Frankenblend
3 qts Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5w30
2 qts Pennzoil Full Synthetic HM 5w30

The 3 Euros were snagged on Wal Mart sale at $5 each last week but there were only 3 left so it ended up as part of a frankenblend.

Filters on and off were both AC Delco PF47E

Back