Post your latest oil change

2016 Hyundai Elantra GT, 140,000 miles. About 6,100 on the oil n filter.

Gathered up some old bottles I'm trying to get rid of and made a mix of what I calculated to be 8W-38. Hyundai filter installed as well.
The oil that came out looked very good, I think I'm changing oil too often.

Here's the oil assortment.

SDC10406AA.JPG

Last edited:
I am going to preface this by saying I do feel a little dumb but at the very least feel better after the fact.

2005 Tahoe Z71 6.0 LQ4

OUT: Castrol GTX HM SM formula (2009), WIX 51042 filter
IN: Mobil 1 Euro FS SP 0W-40, WIX 51522 filter

I know I just changed this... only about 219mi on the OCI. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but it sounded like the engine had a lot more piston slap. It is incredibly quiet with the M1 0W-40. I liked (loved) it last time, was pleased with it after 4,500 miles. So I dumped it very early.

Happy to change it and to have some M1FS 0W-40 in it again.

With that said I am going to liquidate a lot of my stash and start running better products longer. Plan to just run M1FS 0W-40 year round in both trucks.

How'd the analysis go?

Gillsy
(my opinion)
That Rogue is too new for Valvoline R&P, unless you bought it used and saw it was engine abused. If you bought that Rogue new, if Valvoline is your favorite oil producer, why not Advanced or EP instead?

That Midnight Edition is really nice. My daughter leases and the new Rogue she picked out last summer costs her $100 less per month than a similar one to yours.

Last edited:
Gillsy
(my opinion)
That Rogue is too new for Valvoline R&P, unless you bought it used and saw it was engine abused. If you bought that Rogue new, if Valvoline is your favorite oil producer, why not Advanced or EP instead?

That Midnight Edition is really nice. My daughter leases and the new Rogue she picked out last summer costs her $100 less per month than a similar one to yours.
It won’t hurt anything. And the price difference is negligible really. All within a few dollars of each other at my local WM.

Lease though it would be cheapest oil/filter possible. My Malibu is a lease and it gets whatever the quick lube uses. And that is fine by me.

2024 Chevy Trax
4.2 quarts Supertech full synthetic 5w30
AC Delco PF64 oil filter
This is the second oil change I've done on this tiny (1.2) 3 cylinder turbo. I did the first change at 500 miles expecting to see "something" in the oil, but didn't. This oil change was at 5 months, but I'd only driven 2,000 more miles. Between November and April I don't drive much and it's mostly short trips so I prefer to get that oil out. The engine has a decent amount of power which is surprising to me.

2015 maybe Chev City Express work van, which is a Nissan.
Out: maybe 3.5 qts, Wix filter, which was pretty heavy...
In: 5 qts STP Syn 5w30, STP filter

Getting our house painted; the guy is doing a great job. Using Ben Moore. He told me he is busy so hasn't serviced his work van, which he calls his "partner". So I offered to lend a hand.
I asked him if he checked the oil level; a big negatory!
I aired up the tires; fronts are bald. Topped up the fluids, cleaned the battery, etc.
I asked him to bring it back to me between 4 and 5K miles.

So promised a coworker I’d do his oil change. Got him some Amsoil and a filter. Finally got a nice stretch of weather to do it. It was 18000km past it’s oil change reminder… but we won’t talk about that…

2019 Dodge Durango with the 3.6L

147,660 KM on Odo

Out less of then 4QTs of unknown oil and unknown filter.

In 6 QTs Amsoil SS 0w-20 and an EA15K19

IMG_1188.jpeg

2015 maybe Chev City Express work van, which is a Nissan.
Out: maybe 3.5 qts, Wix filter, which was pretty heavy...
In: 5 qts STP Syn 5w30, STP filter

Getting our house painted; the guy is doing a great job. Using Ben Moore. He told me he is busy so hasn't serviced his work van, which he calls his "partner". So I offered to lend a hand.
I asked him if he checked the oil level; a big negatory!
I aired up the tires; fronts are bald. Topped up the fluids, cleaned the battery, etc.
I asked him to bring it back to me between 4 and 5K miles.
Great job for helping him out, very kind gentleman.

Back