Post your latest oil change

2017 Jeep Renegade 2.4L - 84820 miles
Out: Mobil 1 20K mile Extended Performance High Mileage 0W-20 WIX 57060XP XP filter
In: Mobil 1 20K mile Extended Performance 0W-20 Fram XP10060 filter (was going to use M1 filter but out of stock)
Vehicle gets yearly oil changes with year driven
How much if any does it burn? Even after the software updates my FIL's '16 Trailhawk with the same motor was burning about a qt every 1k.

We just picked it up from dealer today. It was there for the last 9 months waiting on a new motor. He has 82,700 on the vehicle. Dealer did most of the OCI's with 0W-20, his indy shop did some.

Back in June '23, he was getting oil pressure CEL. We did oil change M1 0W-20, cleared code and it came back. Brought to dealer since extended warranty. They replaced the oil pressure sensor and it came back on next day. It went back 2-3 times and they finally said motor is shot, needs a new one. Repair order today has that they found 8 psi at idle, 20 psi at 3k rpm. Compression test was 160-165 but 20% leak down. It also said significant scoring on cylinders 1,2,3.

Dealer said new motor now has a 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Rest of vehicle has 2300 miles or December '24 whichever comes first.

He doesn't want to get rid of it since it's paid off and he's retired on fixed income. I'm contemplating bumping grades in it for the new motor to help keep it longer. Probably go to the 5W-30 PP Euro L with the stash I have and change him out more frequently. He does do a lot of short trip around town stuff.

2014 Honda Civic LX Sedan - 1.8L CVT
Miles on vehicle : 103,077
OCI : miles not documented prior , date not documented , OLM at 15%

Out : 4.5 qts of Kirkland 5W-30 Full Synthetic and Fram PH7317 with silicone ADBV

In : 4.5 qts of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and Fram PH7317 with silicone ADBV

1711250640538.jpg

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack 75,020 miles
Out: 5L of Liqui Moly MolyGen 5W50 with 3qt of Motorcraft 5W50 and FL-500S filter

In: 5L of Liqui Moly MolyGen 5W50 with 3qt of M1 5W50 and FL-500S filter

Got to use my friends shop he is finishing building in Santa Ynez. So nice to do this on a lift with plenty of time and good food to boot. Also changed manual trans and diff fluid. I know I need tires.

IMG_6773.jpg
IMG_6775.jpg
FullSizeR(1).jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

Weather is getting warmer... know what that means? Back to "thick"

With the past 74$ Vavoline Restore and protect (pass) 0W20 o/c fresh in my mind, and now over the "bitterness" of the price I paid for it...

I liked the Euro 5W30 M1 ESP but being a Autozone only oil at near 50$ for 6 Qts plus the 15$ for OEM filter, I still felt it was priced too high.

Local WM has this Euro L 5W30 (26.89 5QT + 6.87 ish for 1 qt) about 33$ total for the oil. gave the local kia dealership a ring, and bought 6 OEM oil filters w/ gaskets for about 30 bucks for the 6 of em.

truthfully. The 2.4L MPI likes the "thicker" oils. The 2.4L DI also prefers a thicker oil.. I have experimented with every weight/grade and HM versions from 0W20 to Euro 5W30, and in the winter months below freezing, "thinner" such as 0W20 is better for the 2.4L (flow) while in the summer/warmer months a Euro 5W30 with preference towards "thicker" European 5W30's. of course within price and reason.
IMG_4644.jpeg

2003 Honda Civic EX 179022 miles
Out: M1 EP HM 5W30 with 3526 miles in 161 days. 3/4 qt added at 1900 miles. At 3500 miles the oil was back to the low mark on the dipstick so decided to change it a little early rather than buy a quart for top off when I was planning on changing it in another 3 weeks anyway.
In: Castrol Euro 5W40 (A3/B4 and API SP). Reused Fram Ultra XG7317 filter. Let's see if the thicker oil will go longer between top offs.

Sample of the M1 sent off to OAI. Should get results back Thu or Fri this week.

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack 75,020 miles
Out: 5L of Liqui Moly MolyGen 5W50 with 3qt of Motorcraft 5W50 and FL-500S filter

In: 5L of Liqui Moly MolyGen 5W50 with 3qt of M1 5W50 and FL-500S filter

Got to use my friends shop he is finishing building in Santa Ynez. So nice to do this on a lift with plenty of time and good food to boot. Also changed manual trans and diff fluid. I know I need tires.

View attachment 210095View attachment 210096View attachment 210097
View attachment 210098
Sweet shop along with your ride. Luv the arcade!!!

Quaker State Full Synthetic went into both cars. OEM filter on the Kia. Purolator Classic went on the Honda this time and I have OEM Honda filter on deck for next time. Will follow the maintenance minder on both.
There's a maintenance minder on the Kia now? All I have is a generic mileage counter / notifier. Ours is set at 3k for oil changes.
In case I need that mileage counter for something else, like a vacation mileage counter instead, I always keep a piece of gray Duct Tape with next oil change mileage written on it. I stuck this tape to the inside of the drivers door, as a reminder when to change the oil next.

There's a maintenance minder on the Kia now? All I have is a generic mileage counter / notifier. Ours is set at 3k for oil changes.
In case I need that mileage counter for something else, like a vacation mileage counter instead, I always keep a piece of gray Duct Tape with next oil change mileage written on it. I stuck this tape to the inside of the drivers door, as a reminder when to change the oil next.
It's just a mileage counter for 7500 miles on our Forte. Not sure if newer ones are different. It can be set to different intervals but 7500 seems to be the default. I just described them collectively as maintenance minders.

It's just a mileage counter for 7500 miles on our Forte. Not sure if newer ones are different. It can be set to different intervals but 7500 seems to be the default. I just described them collectively as maintenance minders.
Son's fiancé has '21 Tucson. You can set miles and months but that's it. It was set for 6k/12 months. I made that 3k/6 months

I go by the GM reminder which got us 4,100 miles. It does vary, once as high as 7,000 or so, as soon as 3,000. New style WIX XP and PP.

Don’t want to rock the boat but last time nothing poured out of the filter (it’s angled upside down). Yesterday it did as usual.

Drives me bonkers having mishaps with splashing onto the driveway…🙂

IMG_6796.jpeg

IMG_6795.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

Changed at 6 months - 4k/29k …
Same oil/filter …
did this early bcs based on my schedule another 1k would put me into hot weather and need to finish off the SN+ stash … thinking of recent threads - I poured in ~4/5 and then gave the jug a side to side - that last quart became milky FWIW … maybe picked up additives …
🤨 This oil has not been stellar on TBN either …

Back