Post your latest oil change

1693693394026.jpg

2008 Honda Oddyssey 200604mi
OCI:~3400 and 9 months
Out:10W40 Quakerstate High Mileage topped up with whatever I had open in the garage, with as much as she leaks/burns who knows exactly what was in the ~4qts I drained
Off: Fram Extra Guard PH3593A
In: 10W40 MaxLife
On: circa 2011 Fram Extended Gaurd XG3593A
The OLM was at 10% and it was almost a quart low, I decided to just change it instead of topping it up.

2017 Toyota Camry SE 52,732 miles. 5k or close on oil.

Out: 5 quarts Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-20
Off: Toyota 04152-YZZA1

In: 5 quarts Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-20
On: Toyota 04152-YZZA1

This is moms car. Got to take care of it for her. Currently our main driver as dads car is down. Got to find him something different. Mom is bothered by all the miles on it. Not too bad for a 2017 really.

Yesterday. . . oil change for my 2017 Ram 5.7L. . . 42% left on the OLM, but it timed out by time in service (one year); no oil used / added during OCI:

Out: 7 qts. Valvoline Advanced Full Syn 5w-20, Fram XG10060 filter.
In: Same

I love this truck. . . but ****, the location of that oil filter is the worst! I'm glad I only do it once per year!

2016 Mazda6 2.5L Skyactiv
Six month/5100 mile OCI
Out: Harvest King 0w-20/10w-30 synthetic mix, Denso 150-2002 filter
In: Supertech 5w-20 full synthetic, Motorcraft FL816 filter

2016 Mazda6 2.5L Skyactiv
Six month/5100 mile OCI
Out: Harvest King 0w-20/10w-30 synthetic mix, Denso 150-2002 filter
In: Supertech 5w-20 full synthetic, Motorcraft FL816 filter
Curious why did you go with the straight 5W-20 this time rather than the 0W-20/10!-30 mix this time? Winter?

Curious why did you go with the straight 5W-20 this time rather than the 0W-20/10!-30 mix this time? Winter?
I’m using up the oldest oil in my inventory first. That bottle of Supertech has been on the shelf for a while.

I only have one older jug in my stash that’s old enough to still be labeled Harvest King but it’s 10w-30. It’s going in something next spring as a summer oil, maybe a lawnmower.

Just installed my magnetic drain plug. Should be interesting to see if it picks up anything. Pretty strong magnet as well.

Votex - Made in USA - M12 X 1.25MM Magnetic Engine Oil Drain Plug fits Infiniti, Lexus, Nissan, Toyota - Stainless Steel - Part Number DP006 https://a.co/d/0quEEE1

04 Honda Civic EX

Out: Mobil1 Supercar 0w40/Fram Synthetic Endurance

In: Mobil1 FS Euro 5w40/ Fram Synthetic Endurance

Today is exciting for me, as I just used up the last of my Mobil1 & will be switching to HPL for my vehicles in a few months when this oci is ready to be dumped.

Hey guys I just bought a ls400 and wanted to do the cheapest oil change possible on it cause the previous oil indicated it being neglected. I bought super tech syn blend which I am not worried about. I used a st36104 oil filter on it and plan to run a 2.5-3k oci on it. Honestly I'm having a lot of anxiety about it because I'm not sure if this filter is any good? I drive this car pretty hard. Shoukd I be worried for that oci or for using it whatsoever? Or is it okay? Changing it to a denso soon and contemplating changing it asap

Hey guys I just bought a ls400 and wanted to do the cheapest oil change possible on it cause the previous oil indicated it being neglected. I bought super tech syn blend which I am not worried about. I used a st36104 oil filter on it and plan to run a 2.5-3k oci on it. Honestly I'm having a lot of anxiety about it because I'm not sure if this filter is any good? I drive this car pretty hard. Shoukd I be worried for that oci or for using it whatsoever? Or is it okay? Changing it to a denso soon and contemplating changing it asap
Nothing wrong with ST oil or filters. In fact, I have found no discernible difference between these filters and ACDelco filters...at least for my applications. I currently have one on the Toyota that will be replaced at 5k when the oil is changed. In the past I have run the tiny ST6607 on my Honda for 7.5k with no problems.

They're the same filters the majority of people that ever have their car changed at a quicklube place get also the same as AC Delco, your car will be fine.

Back