Post your latest oil change

oil change time for grandma's car

4L of whatever FS 5w30 the dealer put in six months ago, and probably an AC Delco filter out

4L of mag1 5w30 FS and a wix filter going in

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Also oil change time for the ranger.

5L castrol edge 5w30 FS, wix 51372 out

5L mag1 5w30 FS, motorcraft FL820S in, with a new drain plug.

I normally use wix filters, but i figured I'd try a motorcraft this time. I'm going to keep the old wix and come the next oil change, i'll cut them both open and inspect...no reason other than for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_8341.jpeg
    IMG_8341.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 24
My 2018 Nissan Rogue, 57,726 miles on the car, about 3,500 miles on the OCI. I don't like to dump good oil early but the car is still under the Nissan CPO Factory extended warranty so I have to follow the Nissan 6 month/5,000 mile OCI.

Out: O'Reilly Syntec 0W20 and Microgard Select MSL51358
In: Same Syntec oil, same Microgard Select filter

Also rotated the tires, lug nuts torqued to 85 ft-lbs.

It was a good day in the garage, despite the record heat here in Florida.

2009 BMW 328i:

Out: Mobil 1 0w-40 and Mann HU816x

In: Quaker State 5w40 and Mann HU816x

4k mile OCI

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Dad's)

Out: Unknown, done at Jiffy Lube by previous owner

In: Pennzoil 0w20 and Fram TG

The drain plug was slightly rounded (not surprised), so next OCI, a new drain plug will be used

2015 Honda Odyssey roughly ~6k on oil. Forgot to ask the current mileage. My brother in law resets the maintenance light and just goes by that he doesn’t get a sticker put in it.

Out: 5 quarts Toyota 0W-20 Full Synthetic Oil
Off:AC Delco PF2057

In: 5 quarts STP High Mileage 0W-20
On: STP S7317XL

I get the extended life oil filter since they typically go over their oil changes as they are always running back and forth from their two houses and farms. The filter gets changed every time though. I’ve read good things on STP filters. He doesn’t care what I run in it as long as it’s oil. I also changed the drain plug gasket and both air filters. They bought the van in December and haven’t even checked them since then. They were both filthy so good thing I got new ones. $68 total for everything through my work from Auto Zone. I went with a high mileage oil this time just because that’s what I like to use on high mileage vehicles. I think it has close to 200,000 or so on the van. I can’t remember what the mileage was last time.

Both got Rotella, because I have gallons on the shelf.

Gulfstream Conquest Class C Motorhome

Ford 7.3L V8 Gasser Godzilla, 18k miles
Shell Rotella T5 Semi-Synthetic 10w30, 18,000 miles
Fram Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter

I'll run this 7,000 miles to 25k.

Also changed the oil in the Genset

Onan 4000, 56 hours
1.6L of Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic, 5w40

2015 Honda Odyssey roughly ~6k on oil. Forgot to ask the current mileage. My brother in law resets the maintenance light and just goes by that he doesn’t get a sticker put in it.

Out: 5 quarts Toyota 0W-20 Full Synthetic Oil
Off:AC Delco PF2057

In: 5 quarts STP High Mileage 0W-20
On: STP S7317XL

I get the extended life oil filter since they typically go over their oil changes as they are always running back and forth from their two houses and farms. The filter gets changed every time though. I’ve read good things on STP filters. He doesn’t care what I run in it as long as it’s oil. I also changed the drain plug gasket and both air filters. They bought the van in December and haven’t even checked them since then. They were both filthy so good thing I got new ones. $68 total for everything through my work from Auto Zone. I went with a high mileage oil this time just because that’s what I like to use on high mileage vehicles. I think it has close to 200,000 or so on the van. I can’t remember what the mileage was last time.
I would do a couple spill-and-fills on that transmission. How does the fluid look? Stinky?

I would do a couple spill-and-fills on that transmission. How does the fluid look? Stinky?
I didn’t check the transmission fluid in their van. I think it’s sealed. If you are taking about my Camry it’s very dirty. And it doesn’t show up on the stick after the first dip. Weird as I haven’t seen that before. It just smells nasty like transmission fluid.

I didn’t check the transmission fluid in their van. I think it’s sealed. If you are taking about my Camry it’s very dirty. And it doesn’t show up on the stick after the first dip. Weird as I haven’t seen that before. It just smells nasty like transmission fluid.
The Oddy has a dipstick and is super easy to service. 3 to 4 qts as I recall. The drain plug uses a 3/8" ratchet and has a magnet that will be fuzzy, especially if services have been neglected.

The Oddy has a dipstick and is super easy to service. 3 to 4 qts as I recall. The drain plug uses a 3/8" ratchet and has a magnet that will be fuzzy, especially if services have been neglected.
I’ll have to check it next time. Thanks. I don’t know a lot about Hondas. My brother in law probably wouldn’t pay for anything like that so I’d have to eat it lol.

I’ll have to check it next time. Thanks. I don’t know a lot about Hondas. My brother in law probably wouldn’t pay for anything like that so I’d have to eat it lol.
Don't neglect the Honda transmission fluid! The service interval is 30k miles per Honda recommendation. Any DW1-compatible fluid works well; Maxlife is usually cheapest.

2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5NA engine.

out: PP 0w20 and a ST6607 filter ...6500 miles since 3/16/23

in: Mobil1 0w20 AFE and a STP7317XL....(slightly oversized filter)

I use the entire 5qt. jug even though Mazda says the capacity is 4.8 quarts....the 5 quart jug takes the level almost to the FULL while 4.8 puts the level right in between the ADD and FULL line.

Back