Post your latest oil change

According to some here who state that Mobil 1 EP oils have improved their base stock / additives in the GF-6 SP D1 / Gen 3 oils to be some of the best easily available synthetic oils you can buy for a great price $26 @ WM) . The Fram Ultra #9688 is what I use with my Hyundai 2.4L GDI engine and has never been an issue and works great ... Great choice in oil and oil filter for your Tucson !
Have they? I thought we had noted that the opposite happened, the 0W20 Ep used to be 60-70% PAO and now it's only 20-30%

When it is 40 degrees in Wi and an Amsoil box is in your driveway. Why not change the oil.
2011 Chevy Suburban 2500
Miles 199957
Out 6TS Mobil 1 HM 5W30
Off AcDelco PF48 filter
In 6ts Amsoil XL 5W30
On K&N HP1017 filter

2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
Miles 106871
Out 8qts Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 0W20
Off AcDelco PF63 filter
In 7qts Amsoil XL 0W20 1qt Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 0W20. had a qt to use up.
On Purolator Boss PBL22500
topped off the coolant with Amsoil OE 50/50 coolant

Attachments

• 11123 Suburban oil change.jpg
    11123 Suburban oil change.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 11123 Silverado oil change.jpg
    11123 Silverado oil change.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
To be honest, the last oil (and filter) change on my 2002 Explorer (daily driver) was more than 100000 miles ago or about 9 years now.
Of course it needs some refill from time to time, so i guess not much (if any) of the original oil is still in there.
Still runs just fine - it's astounding.

Am I stupid?

No - it's an experiment.
That oil is like my Grandfather’s axe - my Father changed the handle - and I changed the head - but it’s still my Grandfather's axe 🪓

2005 Honda Accord LT

Out: Iffy Lube 10w-30 whatever bulk
Premium Guard 4459

In: Mobil 1 AFS 5w20
Microgard Select 57356

2013 Tahoe LT
Out: Mobil1 from iffy lube
No idea on filter probably the same as above

In: Valvoline Full Synthetic ML HM 5w30
Microgard Select 57060

My buddy who is a mechanic change the Accord this Saturday and the Accord Tuesday evening. Iffy Lube can be convenient but I’ll take knowing what goes into my vehicle every single time over convenience. Plus not getting price gouged is a plus too. Just have to work with my Buddy’s schedule and mine. This is a side job for him. I’ll make it work though. I spent this Saturday morning watching him with the accord. Some of the best time I could ever spent. I was at work when he worked on the Tahoe. But it was delivered back to my drive after he finished. Both vehicles got new Air Filters as well. Accord - POTAUTO 6017 (CA6594) Bought it in 2021 from Amazon based off good reviews and it is what I had laying around. I see Amazon does not offer it anymore. Out was was a Napa Pro Select. Tahoe got a Wix 42488.

To be honest, the last oil (and filter) change on my 2002 Explorer (daily driver) was more than 100000 miles ago or about 9 years now.
Of course it needs some refill from time to time, so i guess not much (if any) of the original oil is still in there.
Still runs just fine - it's astounding.

Am I stupid?

No - it's an experiment.
Photos of under the valve cover and the oil filter after it's cut open. :oops: 👀

Photos of under the valve cover and the oil filter after it's cut open. :oops: 👀
Yes, I'm also looking forward to that, it's gonna be really interesting.

The plan was (well actually there was also a bet involved) to drive it that way (just topping) till the engine quits, and than doing a "forensic autopsy" to document, what exactly happened/where in the engine, what part failed first and what parts where/weren't affected etc.

I never thought it would last that long - the actual problem is not the motor, it's to keep the rest of the car in a driving condition and pass the inspection every two years.

Frank

2010 Toyota Highlander with the 1AR-FE 2.7 @ 320,000 miles

Out - Mobil AFE 0W-30 @ 5,400 miles and Fram Ultra (used for two changes or 10,340 miles)

In - Rotella Gas Truck 5W-20 and Fram Ultra

Just finished changing the oil in my sisters 2011 Honda Civic 1.8. Out with M1 EP 0w20 / OE Honda filter, Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 10w30 and Fram Tough Guard went in. 145,246 miles. This OCI was just shy of 10,000 miles.

Back