Post your latest oil change

2022 BRZ at 6,000 miles

Out - Castrol Edge 0w20, Subaru filter

In - Pennzoil Platinum 0w20, Subaru filter + installed Fumoto drain valve

01.jpg
02.jpg

That is completely normal. The genuine ones will do the same. Use a flathead screwdriver to “knock” the washer off.
It never happened like this with a genuine Toyota washer. This one was like it was welded to the pan. Flathead screwdriver and paint scraper failed to remove it. Had to use a utility knife with a new blade to carefully slice it off. Not the least bit fun.

It never happened like this with a genuine Toyota washer. This one was like it was welded to the pan. Flathead screwdriver and paint scraper failed to remove it. Had to use a utility knife with a new blade to carefully slice it off. Not the least bit fun.
Sounds like the fun I had last year getting the overused crush washer off the drain bolt on my mother's Odyssey, Walmart never bothered to replace it and reused it until the washer wash squeezed out into the threads, I had to snip at it with side cutters and twist at it with pliers trying to get it off there.

YMMV, I guess. I have always had to use a flathead or paint scraper plus a small tap to remove them.

2015 Odyssey 147K, 4500 mile OCI
Out: M1 0w20 and jobber filter
In: M1 0w20, Fram XG7317

I used MityVac but also pulled the oil plug. A shop did the timing belt and other work. I wanted to double check everything. Plug seemed overtightened. Cleaned everything up; used new crusher warsher and torqued to 30 # ft.

RF tire has a nice nail but is holding air. Costco tires so they will fix it for free.

1976 AMC Gremlin, 19,820 miles (likely rolled over once) I changed the oil due to it looking dark, thin, and smelling like gasoline.

Out: (recently acquired) unknown oil, Purolator “red” oil filter
In: 4 qts. Mystik JT-8 15w50 synthetic blend HDEO, 1 qt. Mobil 1 10w-30, Mobil 1 M1-203 oil filter

My 11-year-old son helped. I found (and replaced) a stripped drain plug, showed my son how to identify stripped threads. Engine has less valvetrain noise after change.
B4ABA034-8792-456E-9CA2-7081AFADEFE1.jpeg

1976 AMC Gremlin, 19,820 miles (likely rolled over once) I changed the oil due to it looking dark, thin, and smelling like gasoline.

In: 4 qts. Mystik JT-8 15w50 synthetic blend HDEO, 1 qt. Mobil 1 10w-30, Mobil 1 M1-203 oil filter

My 11-year-old son helped. I found (and replaced) a stripped drain plug, showed my son how to identify stripped threads. Engine has less valvetrain noise after change.
View attachment 126336

That’s very cool. I was hoping you could cut the oil filter open for us. Nice photos sir 👍🍻

View attachment 126336
Pretty cool...
There were a few of those with V8 engines (304 maybe?) and 3 speed manual transmissions. Had a Chevy disty. Easy to work on.

View attachment 126336
When I first met my Wife in college, she was driving a blue gremlin with a bumper sticker that said "This is not an abandoned car" and a glovebox absolutely crammed full of unpaid Boston parking tickets.....knew right then she was a keeper(y)

Back