Post your latest oil change

Finally figured out the oil filter drain trick. Really cleaned up the oil change. I had spun that little piece around the last oil change but never pulled.
100%, it makes a huge difference and makes it easier.

Please describe this. Thanks
The Accent and a few other Hyundai's have a canister filter with a cylindrical protrusion on them. This protrusion sticks through the canister cap on the car and is locked in with a plastic pin. Hyundai set it up where you turn this piece 90 degrees and pull and it pops out, draining the canister.

Just to note it's sealed with an o-ring to prevent any leaking.

1668000030134.jpg

2009 Prius, 195K
Out - Chevron Havoline All Mileage BIB oil, top off was 1 quart of M1 ESP 5W-30, TG4386
In - was gonna be Rotella T6 MV 5W-30 but I forgot to install the drain bolt. Instead, it’s Castrol Edge 0W-40 and a PH4967.

This car seems to burn “high” HTHS, not as volatile oils not as much as a “normal” API/ILSAC oil.

The Accent and a few other Hyundai's have a canister filter with a cylindrical protrusion on them. This protrusion sticks through the canister cap on the car and is locked in with a plastic pin. Hyundai set it up where you turn this piece 90 degrees and pull and it pops out, draining the canister.

Just to note it's sealed with an o-ring to prevent any leaking.

View attachment 125268

There's a drain plug on the bottom of the plastic oil filter housing . Removal of plug at 1:02 in the video . This is the '20 VENUE , same as '20 Accent and Rio .

Last edited:
100%, it makes a huge difference and makes it easier.
Random question for a fellow accent owner. I see you're in Florida so maybe this wont be relevant. Have you noticed the engine being more clattery on colder starts? Going away when the car is put in gear? I've also noticed this on low speed deceleration with the windows open. I suspect something to do with the duel fuel injection system.

I imagine it's normal as both our 2022 Accents exhibit the same behavior.

A bit ago, but out was VPBR with 12K, in was Amsoil AEL; Filter is Fram Ultra.

the AEL has about 6K+ on it, probably be draining it out in a few days/weeks and fill with another AEL so i can ride thru to April/May with no need to do an OC

Back