Post your latest oil change

2018 Kia Soul, 35,931 miles on vehicle.
4,280 mile/8 months on oil.

Out/Off: Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30/Champ COS3593A
In/On: Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30/Champ COS3593A

IMG_8473.jpg

I was going to try to stick with a 6 month interval for warranty, but just can't justify a change at
I think I am just going to swap it to a 5,000 mile interval once it hits 40,000 miles, will just make it easier to know when to change it.

2014 Chevrolet Trax 1.4L Turbo, 116,136 km
Out: Mobil 1 AFE 0w30, AC Delco PF2257G oil filter, 42% olm, 4907 km OCI
In: 4L Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 5w30, AC Delco PF2257G oil filter

This was my first time trying a 0w30 oil for winter, and I noticed a difference on those really, really cold mornings and days. The owners manual suggests using a Dexos 0w30 for really cold use, and Mobil 1 AFE fits the bill so I will continue to use it as my winter oil.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0L Turbo GDI, 39,154km
Out: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30, Mann W811/80 oil filter, 5010 km OCI
In: 4.8L Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30, Mann W811/80 oil filter

2013 Mazda 6 at 130k miles.
Also drained and filled the trans ~3qt.
Shop put in Ridgeline 0w20. Previous oil changes on our cars were Thrive for the longest time and then a brief foray into Cam2. Now it is Ridgeline. I really need to read my shop slips at the shop so I can ask why things are changing like this. The data sheet looks decent, much like Cam2 and Thrive were. Lots of info on that sheet, too. Some brands only put a few lines of data.

Anxiously waiting for the big 200,000 on that dirty little engine. 😍. Have you replaced any parts like, coils, injectors, high pressure fuel pump, catalytic converter in that time?
I did the coils and plugs (third replacement for the plugs) a few weeks ago. It wasn't throwing any misfire codes I'm just OCD about maintenance and wanted shiny new coils, it does run a tiny bit better with new ones.

I've had some odd things pop up and then disappear lately, like a fuel rail pressure sensor range code but it rectified itself and hasn't returned in over 4000 miles. Had a catalytic converter code also pop up then disappear, and the long term fuel trims are a bit high (17-19%) so I probably need to figure out why. I've also had random CAN bus codes and I think there might be a finicky ground, unfortunately none of these issues ever stick around long enough to properly diagnose it. It's certainly possible in the future I will need to replace the manifold converter, with all the miles it's got (a lot of those heavy city traffic).

Also the alternator finally shart itself at 186k.

High pressure pump works great, it was putting out over 1100 psi at a 60% load in the p0420 code freeze frame and over 600psi at idle when I scanned it, fires right up in single digit temps in under a second even with thick 5w40.

99% of the time the car is trouble free and I've no doubt it will pass 200k and even 300k+. The engine and transmission run and shift perfectly and it still does 0-60 in 8 seconds, I've no doubt they will both last virtually forever, and any of the parts attached to them like the exhaust or electrical parts I will replace if and when they break. If you've followed me enough on here you'll also know I've replaced all the suspension parts at least once (except for tie rods, those must be made of some magical invincible steel).

Back