Post your latest oil change

Changed oil today not paying attention. 2017 Mazda CX5 2.5 engine Changed & oil filter. Hard to read oil stick and used 4.7 metric in engine calls for 4.5 maybe not sure what damage might be done . Any info would help. Thank you . jz

Changed oil today not paying attention. 2017 Mazda CX5 2.5 engine Changed & oil filter. Hard to read oil stick and used 4.7 metric in engine calls for 4.5 maybe not sure what damage might be done . Any info would help. Thank you . jz
Zero. Don't give it a second thought.

About 3,600 miles. Drained out the EDGE 0w40. Put some Delvac 1 5w40 ESP in and left ancient tough guard on. Still using/consuming oil so decided after talking to The Critic the rings are stuck. From here on out it will get used M1 0w40 from mom and stepdads Mercedes or Harvest King 5/10w30 blend oil. Dunno what to do for the heavy consumption so screw it

About 3,600 miles. Drained out the EDGE 0w40. Put some Delvac 1 5w40 ESP in and left ancient tough guard on. Still using/consuming oil so decided after talking to The Critic the rings are stuck. From here on out it will get used M1 0w40 from mom and stepdads Mercedes or Harvest King 5/10w30 blend oil. Dunno what to do for the heavy consumption so screw it
I was going to recommend running an OCI of Valvoline Premium Blue Restore, but after looking, I'm seeing that it looks like it was discontinued. Hopefully the M1 does the trick for you.

I was going to recommend running an OCI of Valvoline Premium Blue Restore, but after looking, I'm seeing that it looks like it was discontinued. Hopefully the M1 does the trick for you.
Doubt it will help. Bout to dump quart of diesel in sump and cross fingers and pray.

Or wait and hope I can find newer corolla

It should take 4.8 qts and overfilling a little bit isn't going to hurt anything at all

20220104_162634.jpg

2018 Buick Encore
Out/In: Castrol Magnatec FS 5w30
Off/On: ACDelco PF2263G
OCI: 6840 miles
Tires Rotated

Doubt it will help. Bout to dump quart of diesel in sump and cross fingers and pray.

Or wait and hope I can find newer corolla
I honestly would not worry about it. Dump in oil and just keep going. Small Toyota engines never stop, they just keep going as long as there is oil in them.

A pair of Lexuses:
2018 GX460
Out: Havoline ProDS 0W-20, unknown Chinese or Service Champ filter - the intermediate size for Lexus longitudinal 2GR/4GR V6s(vs the transverse Toyota ones) as well as the 4.6L Tundra/GX
In: Kirkland(Warren) 0W-20, Toyota A5 filter

2019 RX450h
Out: Havoline ProDS Lifelong 0W-20, Toyota A1 filter
In: Vavoline Advanced Synthetic 0W-20, Toyota A1 filter. Since this will see Uber service, I’m will use M1EP or CEEP, and possibly a FU XG9972.

Personally, VPBR was a bust in a Prius that was burning a quart every 1500-2000 miles. I had much better luck with a piston soak - one day with B12 Chemtool, and I bought some BMW fuel system cleaner/GM Fuel Injector/Top Engine Cleaner. It’s a Chevron product using Techron technology. I used the BMW stuff for a second round of soaking. Cylinders 1, 2 and 4 saw a dramatic improvement overnight. Cylinder 3 was the worst. I got some improvement after the B12 and BMW soaks. Oil consumption is now down to .5qt/3000 miles. I’m using Rotella T6 MV 5W-30, dual rated for CK-4/SN as well as ACEA E6. It’s a stout oil.

Back