Post your latest oil change

Good stuff. I actually had this 5 quart bottle for some time. It was hiding in my garage. More than likely though I'll go back to QSFS based on price, performance and local availability (the local Wally World keeps it in stock). For some reason the Magnatec has gone up in price in my area. But I do like the Magnatec. My son had a leased Subaru Impreza (now gone-I think this bottle was on hand before he traded away that car). The Magnatec was the only oil that didn't have any usage in that car. Everything else he ran burned off; some more than others.
Good to hear it’s working for you and your son. I use any name brand that’s on sale, but the sales around me often includes Magnatec, so I’m using Magnatec 5W30 right now. Unfortunately no QS stocked here, but we do get Shell Helix, which is good stuff.

2009 Pontiac G5, 2.2 Ecotec, 136,543 MI

Out: Motomaster 10W-30 (conv.) + Wynn’s Oil Treatment; QS 9018 filter. 3658 miles on oil and filter.

In: Motomaster 10W-30 (conv.) + STP Synthetic Oil Treatment; MOPH 9018 filter.

2004 Honda Accord 2.4L

Out: Whatever the quick lube place put in
In: Quakers State 5w20 and an XG7317 filter

This is my grandmother's car and it only has 70,000km on it. Likely going to swap out the transmission and coolant this week as well.

2021 Tahoe High Country w/ 6.2 L87

A dealership did the (free) first OC about 7k miles ago (10k on the vehicle right now). I removed a PF63 filter. No idea what oil was in it. Replaced with a Fram Ultra with 5 qts 0w20 M1 T&SUV and 3 qts 0w20 QSUD.

May order an @OIL_UDDER to make the next change a bit less messy. :cool:

1626658505209.png

Last edited:
Good stuff. I actually had this 5 quart bottle for some time. It was hiding in my garage. More than likely though I'll go back to QSFS based on price, performance and local availability (the local Wally World keeps it in stock). For some reason the Magnatec has gone up in price in my area. But I do like the Magnatec. My son had a leased Subaru Impreza (now gone-I think this bottle was on hand before he traded away that car). The Magnatec was the only oil that didn't have any usage in that car. Everything else he ran burned off; some more than others.
I had the same experience with 5w-20 Magnatec in the Wife's Elantra 2 OCI ago. Burned about 1 qt every 5k miles on every other brand, worst on PP. Put in the Magnatec, used none at all. Tried PP 5w-20 again right after, used none for the 1st time on that oil.

2021 Chevy spark (Mine)

Out:

Factory fill
Factory unmarked filter

In:

4 Quarts Redline 0w20
Fram XG12060

I've never used Redline but have always wanted to. Even though this little economy car isn't what it was designed for, and may have no benefit I still wanted to try it out. Lucky for me this car takes exactly 4 quarts so a case is 3 oil changes. Comes out to an extra $40 a year in oil changes vs using something off the shelf from Walmart.

2013 Nissan Maxima

105,293 miles

OCI - 5,201 miles

OUT - 5qts of Napa Premium Performance Syn Blend 5W-30 & Fram PH7317

IN - 5qts of QSUD 5W-30 & Fram PH7317

Back