Post your latest oil change

2021 4Runner - 10,381 miles

Out:

M1-AP 0W-20 (late 2019 AutoZone clearance stash), Fram Ultra

OCI: ~ 7000 miles

In:

M1-EP 10W-30, Fram Ultra

Will run this for 10,000 miles.
Nice work John, 0W20 one OCI and 10W30 the next, because most normal engines work fine with most normal oils, given acceptable cold starting performance for your climate.

I’ve gone from a mineral 15W40 to a synthetic 5W30, and they both worked fine.

BTW how old is the child now ? (if it’s OK to ask - as one dad to another), they grow up quick. It‘s the weekend here and I’m getting ready to go out and play with mine.

Nice work John, 0W20 one OCI and 10W30 the next, because most normal engines work fine with most normal oils, given acceptable cold starting performance for your climate.

I’ve gone from a mineral 15W40 to a synthetic 5W30, and they both worked fine.

BTW how old is the child now ? (if it’s OK to ask - as one dad to another), they grow up quick. It‘s the weekend here and I’m getting ready to go out and play with mine.
Right - everything I’ve heard is that these run just fine on almost anything.

I think this 10W-30 will do great this time of year here, when daily high temps are in the 90s (F). But even our normal winter temps wouldn’t strain this oil.

I still have quite a bit of VME 0W-20 in my Auto Zone stash, and I’ll run it next time I change oil in winter. But probably for only 5000 mi.

The boy was 6 mos on July 3! Sleeping through the night for a couple of months now, and he’s been on solid food for almost 2 mos now. We feed him a pretty wide variety. The wife just started him on some Turkey and chicken baby food, along with vegetables she steams, also. So, he is doing just great! Thank you for asking. How are yours?

Oh, and the wife’s pregnant again. Due date 2/22/22! We’re over the moon about it! We should find out the sex in about 3 weeks. The kids will be 13 mos apart.

Hi John,
Congrats on number 2 !!

I’ve just got the one, a boy who is now 10. He’s the best fun ever.
Right now we are playing in the park on the beach, it’s a bit windy and cold, being winter here. About 15C (60F), yes that’s cold for here, but bright blue and sunny skies. They have formed a group of about ten kids, playing some sort of chasing game.

Sleeping through the night and food diversity is great stuff. Good work. I hope it all goes well for you and your family.

Right - everything I’ve heard is that these run just fine on almost anything.

I think this 10W-30 will do great this time of year here, when daily high temps are in the 90s (F). But even our normal winter temps wouldn’t strain this oil.

I still have quite a bit of VME 0W-20 in my Auto Zone stash, and I’ll run it next time I change oil in winter. But probably for only 5000 mi.

The boy was 6 mos on July 3! Sleeping through the night for a couple of months now, and he’s been on solid food for almost 2 mos now. We feed him a pretty wide variety. The wife just started him on some Turkey and chicken baby food, along with vegetables she steams, also. So, he is doing just great! Thank you for asking. How are yours?

Oh, and the wife’s pregnant again. Due date 2/22/22! We’re over the moon about it! We should find out the sex in about 3 weeks. The kids will be 13 mos apart.
Congratulations John 😊😊🇺🇸👍👍

Car: 1930 Ford Model A
Engine: I4 flathead, splash lubricated

Oil out: Rotella T4 15W-40 plus who knows how much sludge and coolant blended into a glorious milkshake.
Filter out: What's a filter?

Oil in: 4 quarts Havoline Syn-Blend High Mileage 10W-30 + 1 quart High performance Lubricants SAE 30 EF.

193420153_499790857999311_5347125501989266389_n.jpg

Car: 1930 Ford Model A
Engine: I4 flathead, splash lubricated

Oil out: Rotella T4 15W-40 plus who knows how much sludge and coolant blended into a glorious milkshake.
Filter out: What's a filter?

Oil in: 4 quarts Havoline Syn-Blend High Mileage 10W-30 + 1 quart High performance Lubricants SAE 30 EF.

View attachment 63299
Did you pull the pan or just change the oil? Just curious

Did you pull the pan or just change the oil? Just curious

That looks less like milkshake and more like sewer water. Yikes. Glad it's all repaired and ready.

Back