Post your latest oil change

2020 Subaru Legacy 2.5 NA 15K on unit 5k oci

Out: 4.4 quarts Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20 and 1 NAPA Gold 7055 filter
In: 4.4 quarts Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20 and 1 NAPA Gold 7055 filter
20210313_141131.jpg

2013 Ford Focus 2.0/5-speed. 111.5K miles. 2.9K on oil.

Out: 4.5 qts Motorcraft syn-blend 5w20/Motorcraft filter
In: 4.5 qts Supertech high-mileage synthetic 5W20/Motorcraft filter

Also in - new f/r wipers (Motorcraft), cabin filter (Fram), manual trans oil

20210307_153520.jpg

Last edited:
2008 Lexus RX350. 128.9K miles. 2.4k OCI.

Out. 6 qts of who knows what and who knows what kind of filter. The last time the oil was changed was last year when the oil cooler line blew and my shop fixed it/changed the oil. Likely some sort of basic 5W30 conventional is my guess. 100% of changes since new have been at a Lexus dealer by my dad who we got the vehicle from for my teenage son.

In. 5 qts of ST HM syn 5W30 and a ST filter. 0.5 qts of Mobil 1 0W40 and 0.5 qts of ST HM syn 5W20 both that I had left from my other recent changes. $20 out the door...great deal.

Good for another year and super easy change. The filter housing is boogered b/c the the drain plug portion is so tight I can't get it off so no need to change that o-ring..hahahaa. It's fine, just crack the main housing and let it drain before removing. I'll never remove that plug.

20210314_112428.jpg
20210314_114521.jpg
20210314_114624.jpg

Last edited:
^^^Ok, just posted the info/pics in a Lexus FB group I'm in and folks lost their GD minds..hahahahaah. OH MY GOD USING WALMART OIL AND A QUART OF OIL THAT ISN'T THE RIGHT VISCOSITY AND OH MY GOD A WALMART FILTER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So funny. 3K/year in a 13 yo Lexus. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will be just fine...

^^^Ok, just posted the info/pics in a Lexus FB group I'm in and folks lost their GD minds..hahahahaah. OH MY GOD USING WALMART OIL AND A QUART OF OIL THAT ISN'T THE RIGHT VISCOSITY AND OH MY GOD A WALMART FILTER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So funny. 3K/year in a 13 yo Lexus. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will be just fine...
I would not of done that lol just me though.

Yes, I'm finding that it wasn't a great idea as now I'm being dumb and responding to all the comments which are ill-informed. Oh well....FB auto page life I suppose....
Lol it doesn’t bother me it’s your car. I just can’t bring myself to use SuperTech oil is one of those things it has to be name brand for me. Coming from Walmart is fine but it needs to be name brand lol.

Lol it doesn’t bother me it’s your car. I just can’t bring myself to use SuperTech oil is one of those things it has to be name brand for me. Coming from Walmart is fine but it needs to be name brand lol.
Got it. Whatever makes you happy man - I put Liquimoly in my VWs and get ragged on here for that b/c it's too expensive. Too expensive...no-name brand...this place is brutal. It's a flipping 13 yo Toyota for a teenager who paid for the oil change kit, he liked saving money so he could get a Monster at check out, I applaud his decision. I take it you don't like store brands at grocery stores either? Literally the same performance as any name brand based on the data I've seen here.

Got it. Whatever makes you happy man - I put Liquimoly in my VWs and get ragged on here for that b/c it's too expensive. Too expensive...no-name brand...this place is brutal. It's a flipping 13 yo Toyota for a teenager who paid for the oil change kit, he liked saving money so he could get a Monster at check out, I applaud his decision. I take it you don't like store brands at grocery stores either? Literally the same performance as any name brand based on the data I've seen here.
No I don’t like the grocery store stuff either. It just makes me cringe knowing it would be in an engine. I use Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil mainly. I’m sure the other oil is fine but before joining here I seen too much on YouTube that scares me away from it.

Back