Post your latest oil change

No. It's a Transit and the water pump is fine. I did have an upper radiator hose burst while in Houston, though. It blew out every drop because the water pump was working well. Got the new hose and a fresh load of coolant, so a coolant change is now off the maintenance radar, Lol!
My bad, I misread that as Taurus. I believe the transit has a different pump design anyway. Was just curious why it needed a new engine?

My bad, I misread that as Taurus. I believe the transit has a different pump design anyway. Was just curious why it needed a new engine?
Ahh, I see. A local independent quickie lube shop's teen employee double-gasketed the oil filter so it blew all the oil out and destroyed the engine. The owner of the shop is a stand up guy and immediately took responsibility and his insurance covered a Ford factory remanufactured engine. It came to about $11,500 installed. OUCH! We still use the same oil change shop. The owner is a great guy and when that van drives in, everyone knows to do it right. They still feel the sting.

1971 Chevrolet Camaro
350 small block V8
Out: Amsoil Z Rod 10w30, Wix 51069 filter
In: Amsoil Z Rod 10w30, Wix 51069 filter

1998 Chevrolet Silverado C1500
5.7 Vortec V8
Out: Havoline High Mileage 10w30, AcDelco PF1218 filter
In: Quaker State High Mileage 10w30, AcDelco PF1218 filter

1999 Dodge Durango
5.2 Magnum V8
Out: Amsoil Signature Series 10w30, Wix 51085 filter
In: Pennzoil Platinum 10w30, Wix 51085 filter

That Camaro is the last classic car I'll service more than likely. Someone else has come along to take my place.

17 Kia Sportage
Out: M1 ESP 5w30, K&N HP1004
In: M1 ESP 5w30, Carquest 95459 (rebranded Korean Mann)
1C2AB718-9986-4693-950E-9007B6B3DF97.jpeg

1971 Chevrolet Camaro
350 small block V8
That Camaro is the last classic car I'll service more than likely. Someone else has come along to take my place.
Why’s that? If I may ask.

Looks like you service a few cars, a job or a big personal fleet or helping out friends & family?

Just asking to be friendly, not to be rude or anything.

Ahh, I see. A local independent quickie lube shop's teen employee double-gasketed the oil filter so it blew all the oil out and destroyed the engine. The owner of the shop is a stand up guy and immediately took responsibility and his insurance covered a Ford factory remanufactured engine. It came to about $11,500 installed. OUCH! We still use the same oil change shop. The owner is a great guy and when that van drives in, everyone knows to do it right. They still feel the sting.
Ouch. Bet he learned a lesson that day.

Why’s that? If I may ask.

Looks like you service a few cars, a job or a big personal fleet or helping out friends & family?

Just asking to be friendly, not to be rude or anything.
My job was helping a friend service his fleet of work vehicles and his classic and race car collection. The arthritis in my hips has made it to where I simply cannot keep up with the demand, so I recommended a young lady with a good head on her shoulders to take my place. I'll still do some service for other folks at home, but it will have to be at my leisure. None of the other people I service cars for have classic or race cars.

My job was helping a friend service his fleet of work vehicles and his classic and race car collection. The arthritis in my hips has made it to where I simply cannot keep up with the demand, so I recommended a young lady with a good head on her shoulders to take my place. I'll still do some service for other folks at home, but it will have to be at my leisure. None of the other people I service cars for have classic or race cars.
Thanks mate, I hope your joints stay good. Sounds like you have helped them out by pointing them to a good person who can take on the work.
Cheers🍻

Keep the health in your life number #1

I've found it interesting all of the vehicles that you had the opportunity to work with 👍

December 2020 oil change, 2016 Buick Lacrosse 3.6 Premium, 46,233 miles on the car, 6 months/ 4325 miles on the oil. This is 725 miles a month, but then from March to October I wasn't commuting my usual 25 miles/day. I got the Buick up to temp plenty of times, though.

Out: Castrol 5W-30 dexos1, AC Delco oil filter

In: Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 dexos1, Mobil 1 oil filter

December 28, 2020
2016 F150 2.7 Supercrew
Out, Motorcraft filter and Castrol Edge 5w-30 just over 5000 miles.

In Motorcraft filter and Castrol Edge 0w-40

1990 Pontiac Firebird
5.0 TBI V8
Out: unknown, Fram Extra Guard PH30 filter
In: Citgo Superguard synthetic blend 10w30, AcDelco PF454 filter

2008 Toyota 4Runner
4.0 V6
Out: Havoline conventional 5w30, Fram Extra Guard PH3614 filter
In: Supertech conventional 5w30, Supertech ST3614 filter

Back