Post your latest oil change

annual Camaro oil change
IMG_0394.JPG

2013 Lex GS350 F Sport, 100,900 miles, 5K OCI, 9 months
Out: about 7 qts M1 0w20, YZZA3 filter (10K on filter)
In: same
I realized I had no A3 filters on the shelf. Lexus of Stevens Creek parts dept is open 7-4 6 days a week and have some of the best prices in the nation. Lousy prices on cars, though. Toyota does not stock the A3 or A2 (same size).

The MityVac really drained the pan; I pulled the drain plug as well because I was swapping the filter. Nothing came out.
Aired up the expensive tires; maybe a pound down. Needs a trans service soon.

2010 Toyota Corolla S
1.8L 4 Banger
Current odometer 316,500 KM

Oil was in vehicle for 13 months and roughly 15000km(lost the oil change sticker for previous change) oil was still 3/4 full on the dip stick at drain. Added 1.8L of top up

Out Amsoil SS 5W-30 and Amsoil Ea15K01

In PP Euro LX 0W-30 and a Wix 57064XP

Yes I know the wix xp isn’t the highest at filtration but I believe it’s higher than oem if I am not mistaken. That was my choice and why I went XP.

I’m going to change the oil again at 322,00km give or take. As that will be 200,000 miles. And this little car impresses me constantly. A few things have failed. But nothing vital beyond an alternator and 02 sensors. Need to replace the condenser too. But so dang reliable up here in Canada.

Last edited:
2016 Volvo V60CC, 95,101mi on car, 5331 mi on oil.
Out: Castrol 5w30 EP, Fram FP9954
In: Liqui Moly Special Tec V 0w30, Mann HU719/8X
IMG_20230923_110945799_HDR.jpg

Side note: A bit of flush to keep the rings extra clean on this known oil burner of an engine (B5254T12). After the B-12 soak at 70k it hasn't used more than 1/2qt. per 5k, if any. If I let it keep burning I would have had the rings replaced for free, lol.

Last edited:
2014 Chrysler Town and Country
114,544 miles
5300 on the oil

Out: Valvoline MaxLife 5w-30
Mopar MO-0349 filter
In: 5 Quarts Valvoline MaxLife 5w-30 and 1 quart SuperTech FullSyn 5w-30
Mopar MO-0349 filter

I also changed the transmission filter and oil with Valvoline ATF+4 and a Wix filter. I found sharp metal shavings on the magnet, which is concerning. Usually it’s just sludge.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 13
I don't want to be a rat but if you look at the photo in post #19,557, I think you see strong evidence of used motor oil going into the trash.

Please wemay, skip the double bagged box, get a catch tray with a spout and bring your oil to recycling.

You're doing something very wrong. This is no place for laziness. Your personal convenience is no excuse to poison millions of quarts of water.

The MityVac really drained the pan; I pulled the drain plug as well because I was swapping the filter. Nothing came out.
Aired up the expensive tires; maybe a pound down. Needs a trans service soon.
How many consecutive times have you used the MityVac? Did you buy the vehicle new?

I'm many-more questions, cuz' I find it really odd that not a drop came out of the oil pan drain plug hole. Had that been my ride, I would have gently swirled a really think screwdriver-end around the oil's hole exit.
I say this because because constant users of tube extractors can create a buildup of gunk at the bottom of their oil pans, over a matter of years, with engines designed not to remain gunk-free inside. Some engines need the oil pans removed to remove a buildup of metallic shreds, attached to the gunk.

I use a similar extractor (Pela). But I use it every-other oil change. I only crawl under my vehicles when I need to change the oil filter....
which is every other OCI. I do 3-3.5k OCIS. So since I'm already under the vehicle to change the filter, I may-as-well bring my oil drain plug wrench and bucket with me.
So that's why I raised my flag when you mentioned not a drop of oil exited the hole. That got me thinking that a gunk blockade might exist in your oil pan and I needed to respond to your post.

I have tested my Pela extractor on both the Kia and Hyundai and both will shed a couple ounces when I pull the drain plug, immediately following an oil extraction from atop.

Last edited:
Friends 2022 Cadillac baby SUV with 2.0. 44k on vehicle.

Out: Purolator ONE PL 11424 oil filter and FRAM Synthetic 0w20 DEX 1 GEN 3 oil. Said had almost 8k on combo.

In: same filter; he snatched last two on clearance cart for $3.21 each😱😱☠️

Oil I put back in: last jug of M1 0w20 AFE from my stash.

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 7
How many consecutive times have you used the MityVac? Did you buy the vehicle new?

I'm many-more questions, cuz' I find it really odd that not a drop came out of the oil pan drain plug hole. Had that been my ride, I would have gently swirled a really think screwdriver-end around the oil's hole exit.
I say this because because constant users of tube extractors can create a buildup of gunk at the bottom of their oil pans, over a matter of years, with engines designed not to remain gunk-free inside. Some engines need the oil pans removed to remove a buildup of metallic shreds, attached to the gunk.

I use a similar extractor (Pela). But I use it every-other oil change. I only crawl under my vehicles when I need to change the oil filter....
which is every other OCI. I do 3-3.5k OCIS. So since I'm already under the vehicle to change the filter, I may-as-well bring my oil drain plug wrench and bucket with me.
So that's why I raised my flag when you mentioned not a drop of oil exited the hole. That got me thinking that a gunk blockade might exist in your oil pan and I needed to respond to your post.

I have tested my Pela extractor on both the Kia and Hyundai and both will shed a couple ounces when I pull the drain plug, immediately following an oil extraction from atop.
Bought it used with about 50K. I pull the plug every other service, or 10K. Not all engines are a good fit for the MityVac but this one is. The extractor had nearly 7 qts in its reservoir.

Back