Post your latest oil change

Throwing money away!
Used on a trial basis only daughter's Acadia).....

NADA We're Metals!!!
Slightly stronger add pack and quite possibly a slightly better blend of base oil worked for me.

I did two consecutive OCIs of 5K Supertech and 20k Supertech. Just looking at the oil afterwards and listening to the engine during the OCI, convinced me that a couple dollars more was worth the pondering I undertook at the Walmart oil aisle on Purchase Day.

Supposedly Amalie has come out with an EP of their Advanced Auto Fram Oil. The Daughter's Acadia may see that some time in the near future too. I've already run the vanilla Fram Synthetic in it already, with satisfactory hearing / oil pan visionary results.

My own tests on Amsoil are coming in 2024 and 2025. If I ever encounter anything negative about Amsoil purchase then, I'll spill the beans. The truth never hurts. But I seriously doubt I'll rate it anything but All Smiles.

It's fun to test / compare oils on occasion. Never a waste of money as a long-time BITOG Member.

Last edited:
IMG_3922[1].JPG

IMG_3925[1].JPG

First oil change on the 2017 Ford C-Max Enegri PHEV. I purchased it with 52K miles on it and a Quaker State maintenance reminder sticker saying the oil was due for a change at 57,179. I am going to assume that the shop that serviced it last was suggesting a 5K OCI which would imply that the last oil chage occured at 52,179 miles. I must further assume that the oil was some flavor of QS 0w-20.

Based upon those assumptions, the oil had 6658 miles on it. I've driven 6600 of those miles on only 40 gallons of gas. The owner's manual says the OCI is 2 years or 20K miles, whichever comes first. At my present rate of driving this vehicle those numbers line up perefectly, although we may start using this car for short road trips since its hybrid milage actually tops our Prius V.

Out: Probably a 0w-20 QS product and a Motorcraft FL910S

In: 0w-20 M1 EP and Fram XG3614

Used on a trial basis only daughter's Acadia).....

NADA We're Metals!!!
Slightly stronger add pack and quite possibly a slightly better blend of base oil worked for me.

I did two consecutive OCIs of 5K Supertech and 20k Supertech. Just looking at the oil afterwards and listening to the engine during the OCI, convinced me that a couple dollars more was worth the pondering I undertook at the Walmart oil aisle on Purchase Day.

Supposedly Amalie has come out with an EP of their Advanced Auto Fram Oil. The Daughter's Acadia may see that some time in the near future too. I've already run the vanilla Fram Synthetic in it already, with satisfactory hearing / oil pan visionary results.

My own tests on Amsoil are coming in 2024 and 2025. If I ever encounter anything negative about Amsoil purchase then, I'll spill the beans. The truth never hurts. But I seriously doubt I'll rate it anything but All Smiles.

It's fun to test / compare oils on occasion. Never a waste of money as a long-time BITOG Member.
Did you use the M1 ESP 0w40 or regular?

Thank You

2020 Kia Soul x-line 2.0.
Out: Pennzoil Black label 5w-20 and OEM filter
In: Havoline Pro-DS 5w-20 and OEM filter.
15,000 miles on the ODO with a 3,000 mile OCI.

I keep all my vehicles at a short OCI...3-5,000 miles. Always have, always will.

Heard all the "your dumb" and "you're wasting money" comments from the talking heads but I never claimed to be bright and it's my money. I keep my cars for a long time and in pristine condition. I also like to change my oil frequently as it makes me get underneath and under the hood often to just have a look around and clean them up.

Attachments

• PXL_20230820_182247096.jpg
    PXL_20230820_182247096.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 14
I keep my cars for a long time and in pristine condition. I also like to change my oil frequently as it makes me get underneath and under the hood often to just have a look around and clean them up.
I hear you there. Today was my first time under the C-Max. Normally I rotate tires when changing oil. Prior to today I hadn't noticed that the front and rear tires didn't match. Both were Michelin Energy Savers. One pair had a 93V speed rating an the other had 94V. The tread patterns were very different; a lot more siping on the front 93V's. The front pair were down to 7/32 after less than 7K miles. The rear pair were at 9/32. It was pretty easy to spin the tires with the original configuration. Things seem to be different with the meatier pair up front now.

Back