Post your latest oil change

2019 Audi S4 3.0L turbo v6 37000km Liquimoly Top Tec 6200 0w20 (vw 508 spec)
2010 VW Golf 2.5L naturally aspirated in-line 5 142000km Motomaster 5w40 (vw 502 spec)
2013 Ducati Diavel 1199cc L-twin 26000km Shell Advance 15w50
1995 Ducati 900ss 900cc L-twin 36000km Shell Advance 15w50

2010 Silverado 5.3 4x4

Out : Mobil 1 Truck Suv 5w30 - Napa Gold 7060
In : 6qts of Castrol Edge 10w40 - Napa Gold 7060

zyHNPa5.jpg

Changed the oil in my new to me 2018 WRX. I had full intentions of taking an oil sample for testing. Got under it opened my fumoto valve and got distracted. Forgot all about it! I changed the oil 3,600 miles ago when I bought the car used. I wanted a good sample just so I know where the engine stands Guess I’ll get it next time

2018 WRX
69,300 miles
3,600 miles on oil
5.4 quarts Pennzoil Ultra platinum
OEM Tokyo Roki filter

2018 VW Golf Sportwagen. 86,877mi odo/3,315 mi OCI. 4 track days w/temps in the 240-270 F range. Min. consumption.

Out: 5.5 qts Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 + 1 can LM MoS2 + 1 can LM Engine Flush + Mann filter. Drain plug is now reusable and magnetic with my new aluminum oil pan.

In: 6 qts High Performance Lubricants Euro 5W40 + Mann filter. This oil will see 2 track days in February.

20221213_082312.jpg

Purchase from the second owner. A retired Navy pilot living in San Antonio who had owned it for a year.

Original owner purchased it in Sounthern California. Receipts since new show services in Calabasis, Santa Monica, Scottsdale, Denver and Omaha.

The service records are over an inch thick. The owner was religious about 3k oil changes. God Bless her. As mentioned above the car barely uses oil.

The car is rust free, a rarity in New England. As is the EGR. I had to bone up on that gizmo.

I‘m in the midst of a full maintenance baseline.

Working on my core strength in the process. 🙂
That last shot is known as the “ Flying Superman” pose. It’s also used to get at the last sparkplug on the passenger side of a Chevy LS engine.

First oil change for my newly acquired 1999 Honda Civic LX. I bought it for $2,600. I’ve spent the last couple of months updating the maintenance and fixing things that were not working.

So far I’ve completed

—a full tuneup (distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires and spark plugs
—Replaced rear lower control arms, camber arms and hardware
—Replaced struts with coilovers
—Bought new tires/wheels
—Replaced the radio and speakers
—Replaced front headlight buckets and bulbs
—Replaced rear tail lamps
—Replaced front pipe and cat
—I’m slowly working through several transmission drain and fills with Redline D4.

I still have to replace the front brake rotors and pads and do a timing belt service. Car is running great and I am having fun driving and working on it.

On to the oil change—221,574 miles

Out: Valvoline conventional 5w30 and Valvoline oil filter. (Info per Carfax, work was done at a Valvoline Instant Oil Change)

In: Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 and an Altrom Ultra 8 oil filter.

A9767DA4-EE32-4150-87FE-FCE83F148E48.jpeg

Out-Castrol Edge 0w20 + Honda filter after 3300mi. Came out black and seemed thinner and smelly. Sample at Polaris/OilAnalyzers right now.
In with Mobile 1 Advanced 0w30 and Honda filter. Been in about 400mi. and is clear as the day I watched son pour it in the car. So far
so good. I get excited easily :rolleyes: (sorry) and already think I will like using this M1 but more samples to do since I want to documment and keep reports stored in the car showing fuel% in oils. Only because Honda American is so adamant they have the dilution problem all cleared up. Thanks to many folks here and some Honda Techs here and some I known for years I am not as worried about it as at first. I notice lots of things about our vehicles that many ignore. Like the sound when cranking the motor - I get used to the sound and usually can tell when the batteries are about gone. I usually test them soon as I notice that and replace them to avoid a failure. I also noticed already with that change to Mobil 1 the DGI-T engine is warming up a whole lot faster and staying "warm" not "hot." Placebo effect?

Last edited:
Back