Post your latest oil change

My daughter's 2012 Mazda 3 GS Skyactiv

Out: Total Quartz 9000 0W20 synthetic & Fram TG 6607
In: Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 synthetic & Fram TG 6607

Used for 9500 km and 15 months. No make up oil needed during OCI. Gave the engine bay a quick wipe down as well to get some of the dirt and grime off. Wax job next month before she goes off to university.
1655421614433.jpg

1655421639910.jpg

2022 Ford Escape 1.5L three cylinder. 16 year old Nephew’s vehicle.
4224 miles on OE Factory oil and filter, 1st change.

Back in & on: Magnatec 5w20 and Motorcraft FL910S

Not a fan of taking all the screws out of that large plastic shield to access everything, they could have engineered an access hole/door or something better.

Today was a busy day

Wife's 2012 Honda Fit
Out: Castrol Edge HM 0W20 / OEM filter
In: Mobil1 HM 0W20/ M1-110A

Got it detailed for doing the detailers oil change and rotate

2019 Fiat 500 Abarth
Out: Whatever Valvoline used
In: Castrol Edge 5W40 / STP9613

Then a salesmen wanted his NA Miatas oil changed

1994 Miata 1.8?
Out: unknown/OEM filter
In: Castrol Edge HM 10W30/ MSL57356

Then my neighbors girlfriend needed an oil change

1996 Camry 2.2
Out: Castrol Edge HM 10W30/ TG4967
In: Pennzoil Platinum HM 5W30/ OEM filter

Oil change yesterday on moms 2017 Camry. 32,087 miles. Roughly 4,800 on oil I believe.
Out 4.8 Mobil 1 0W-20, Mobil 1 cartridge filter
In: Same

Almost cracked the housing on the filter because where they tighten up. I want to get a metal one eventually and put on but really I’d like to convert it to a spin on filter.

Oil change yesterday on moms 2017 Camry. 32,087 miles. Roughly 4,800 on oil I believe.
Out 4.8 Mobil 1 0W-20, Mobil 1 cartridge filter
In: Same

Almost cracked the housing on the filter because where they tighten up. I want to get a metal one eventually and put on but really I’d like to convert it to a spin on filter.
Nothing wrong with the composite filter housing, if it is installed correctly. Unfortunately that's a big "if". I did one on a little Corolla that I left on because I was afraid of breaking it, even with the right tool. I told the owner to take it to Toyota.

Nothing wrong with the composite filter housing, if it is installed correctly. Unfortunately that's a big "if". I did one on a little Corolla that I left on because I was afraid of breaking it, even with the right tool. I told the owner to take it to Toyota.
Yes I just hate the cartridge filters in general. I wish Toyota had simplified it like other manufacturers and made it have a nut on the top where you just put a socket on. I am the only one who has touched it. I think where they are constantly hot and cold hot and cold it seals them up pretty well making them really tight. I never over tighten them. Just go until the ratchet stops then I make sure it’s mating surface is touching and let it be. You just don’t ever want to take one off hot then it’s almost guaranteed it will crack.

Yes I just hate the cartridge filters in general. I wish Toyota had simplified it like other manufacturers and made it have a nut on the top where you just put a socket on. I am the only one who has touched it. I think where they are constantly hot and cold hot and cold it seals them up pretty well making them really tight. I never over tighten them. Just go until the ratchet stops then I make sure it’s mating surface is touching and let it be. You just don’t ever want to take one off hot then it’s almost guaranteed it will crack.
Yep I'm sure that little mistake has cost Toyota a bunch of business. My New Mazda has a spin on filter. But it does have the pain in the ass belly pan that no one really has a good explanation for!

Back