Post your latest oil change

Hyundai IONIQ 2022

Out: GTX 0W20 FS / Fram Ultra 9688
IN: Valvoline AFS 10W30 / MP9688

View attachment 102073

After a UOA where M1 5w30 ended up at 7.6 cSt @100, after 3K miles, and having replaced that oil with GTX 0W20, i figured i'd revisit that choice and changed it to above oil i had in my stash that is still one of the recommended viscosity....

How are you liking the ioniq? Are you noticing much loss in fuel economy with a 30wt?

2015 Chrysler 200 with a 2.4l multiair

out: PP 0W20
in: Valvoline EP 0w20

off: Fram XG10060
on: Fram XG10060

This is the first time that this car has had something other than a Shell product in the oil pan.
D71B810D-09A8-4F7D-80C3-5861C21726CE.jpeg

How are you liking the ioniq? Are you noticing much loss in fuel economy with a 30wt?
Really enjoying this car. I have noticed a drop in mpg but it started while using 0w20. I attribute it to occasional Sport Mode driving, lot's of idling to allow the AC to cool it down while getting my toddler ready and short trips. My only nit pick is the ingress and egress due to lower ride height than my s/cuv of recent ownership. Again, really just a nit pick.

Last edited:
2016 Hyundai Accent SE, 194,500 miles, 2950 OCI.

Out: M1 15w-50, Mobil m-104a.

In: Redline 5w-50, Purolator Boss.

Been noticing some funny noises lately, sounds like a bad water pump, noticed the other day I had to add some anti-freeze so going to have to keep an eye on it. OEM pump went bad around 90k, this one has almost 105k on it so it's probably about due again.

2002 VW New Beetle
2.5l

5w-40 Valvoline Full Synthetic Euro car labeled bottle
Fram Toughguard filter

The old oil only had 3000 or so miles on it, but the car has a terrible oil leak I was hoping to fix, and I wanted to drop the pan as part of that fix. Bummer is I came down with Vertigo a few hours after pulling the plug and my son had to finish the change for me. I had him put the new oil in and call it good.
I'm recovered now a week later.

I switched my Corvette over to the new version of Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 (was previously using the older version that was called "ESP Formula")
OCI was 11,171km, the oil life monitor was at 7%. As usual I went a Fram Ultra XG12060 oil filter.

I actually still have 10L of the old ESP Formula 5w30 left, and this might sound crazy but to make it easier (and since my car takes 6L at oil change time) I'm going to mix a 5qt jug of the new formula with a 1L bottle of the old formula for a while. The two formulas probably aren't that much different anyhow, they pass all of the same certifications and the technical specs are all very close.

2009 Prius, 193K
Out - Shell Rotella T6 MV 5W-30, Toyota F2 filter, less than 1K
In - Havoline Lifelong 5W-30, Fram TG4386

Reason for short OCI was timing chain replacement, open engine with potential contamination from dirt and Scotchbrite residue(by hand to dress gouged aluminum), which I used a lot of brake cleaner of either chlorinated or CARB-complaint persuasion.

Back