Post your latest oil change

How have you been liking the molygen?
Look, my honest opinion is that it makes f all of difference which oil you use within the given approval over the typical life of a vehicle - really just splitting hairs on specs etc. and hypothesizing which difference in a particular spec will help or hurt but hey, BITOG lyfe. I've run Molygen for 3 changes and my wear numbers and UOAs look "good/normal" vs. the Leichtlauf High Tech I ran for 4 changes before switching - you can see all my UOAs over in the UOA sub-forum if you search my name. The Molygen has some moly/tungsten in it so you get some friction modifier in the product which I think is a good thing. I'd use it again without hesitation. Just wanted to get an idea of what the popular M1 0W40 will look like in my car - I ran my old MK4 Jetta on M1 0W40 for 220K so clearly a solid oil but again, does it actually make a difference vs. the LM? Who knows. I pay zero for my LM change kits using FCP Euro's 100% lifetime replacement and Paypal's return shipping refunds so it's certainly cheaper than the M1 changes even if they are on sale but factor in the slight hassle (just like you have to deal with if you do rebates) of shipping your oil back. Several regulars here say the LM products are just average at best Group 3 HC oils and that the M1 is a higher-quality product with some Group 4 PAO base.

Look, my honest opinion is that it makes f all of difference which oil you use within the given approval over the typical life of a vehicle - really just splitting hairs on specs etc. and hypothesizing which difference in a particular spec will help or hurt but hey, BITOG lyfe. I've run Molygen for 3 changes and my wear numbers and UOAs look "good/normal" vs. the Leichtlauf High Tech I ran for 4 changes before switching - you can see all my UOAs over in the UOA sub-forum if you search my name. The Molygen has some moly/tungsten in it so you get some friction modifier in the product which I think is a good thing. I'd use it again without hesitation. Just wanted to get an idea of what the popular M1 0W40 will look like in my car - I ran my old MK4 Jetta on M1 0W40 for 220K so clearly a solid oil but again, does it actually make a difference vs. the LM? Who knows. I pay zero for my LM change kits using FCP Euro's 100% lifetime replacement and Paypal's return shipping refunds so it's certainly cheaper than the M1 changes even if they are on sale but factor in the slight hassle (just like you have to deal with if you do rebates) of shipping your oil back. Several regulars here say the LM products are just average at best Group 3 HC oils and that the M1 is a higher-quality product with some Group 4 PAO base.

Can you tell us more about PayPals return shipping refund? Never heard of it

Can you tell us more about PayPals return shipping refund? Never heard of it
Sure! If you use Paypal/have a Paypal account and use it to buy your parts from FCP, when you return them, you simple click on the return shipping refund button on the order and bam! They will refund your shipping. Need to obviously upload the receipt from UPS etc. You need to sign up for this feature.

2020 Ford Fusion SE 1.5 Ecoboost 3,000 miles

Out: Factory Fill / Motorcraft FL910S filter
In: 4.2 quarts of RGT 5W-20 / FL910S

According to the warranty information, this car was put into service in July 2020.

I will note that given the short mileage accumulation on the factory fill (which was at least 1/2+ quart over filled, guessing by where the oil level was on the dipstick and by what came out of it when I drained it...) this oil looked REALLY dirty.

This is my first Turbocharged and first DI vehicle. Any recommended do’s or dont’s by all you BITOG experts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sure! If you use Paypal/have a Paypal account and use it to buy your parts from FCP, when you return them, you simple click on the return shipping refund button on the order and bam! They will refund your shipping. Need to obviously upload the receipt from UPS etc. You need to sign up for this feature.
But ain’t this just a 1 time thing? As I understand with FCP you just keep claiming their warranty, but there’s no new transaction via PayPal. Just trynna understand

But ain’t this just a 1 time thing? As I understand with FCP you just keep claiming their warranty, but there’s no new transaction via PayPal. Just trynna understand
Doesn't their return system work by you making a new order, then returning the old parts and they'll put the credit towards your new order, so you'll have a new transaction each time.

Doesn't their return system work by you making a new order, then returning the old parts and they'll put the credit towards your new order, so you'll have a new transaction each time.
Not quite. See my video. Buy kit (or other parts) using Paypal. Use kit (or other parts) Buy new kit (or other parts) using Paypal. Return old kit (or other parts) Refund for old kit (or other parts). Submit shipping receipt to PayPal for return shipping refund. Repeat.

Last edited:
Paypal allows 12 return shipping refunds a year. Each time you have to buy a new oil change kit so it's a new purchase.

Not quite. See my video. Buy kit (or other parts) using Paypal. Use kit (or other parts) Buy new kit (or other parts) using Paypal. Return old kit (or other parts) Refund for old kit (or other parts). Submit shipping receipt to PayPal for return shipping refund. Repeat.

But the refund for the old kit is given on your new order so it counts as a return within the last 150days per the paypal policy is what I'm saying.

But the refund for the old kit is given on your new order so it counts as a return within the last 150days per the paypal policy is what I'm saying.
No - the refund is for the old kit and is handled separately from your new order and is not credited against it. There is a still a disconnect.

Buy first kit on 1/5/2021 for $60 using Paypal. Order #1
Drive 5K miles.
Buy second kit on 4/5/2021 for $60. using Paypal. Order #2
Change oil.
Ship order #1 used oil back to FCP for $21.
You have spent $141 at this point for 2 oil changes.
FCP credits your order #1 $60 back to your Paypal b/c you returned order #1 for a refund under their 100% lifetime replacement.
Submit return shipping receipt for $21 to Paypal for order #1 and receive $21 refund.
Now you have spent $60 for 2 oil changes.
Repeat for order #2 when you change your oil next time and so forth.

2019 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
7.5k OCI 30K total miles

Out: QSUD 5W30 and Motorcraft Filter
In: Amsoil SS 5W30 and Amsoil Filter

UOA will be posted soon

Changed the oil on both of my Plow trucks this last week, I change the oil once a year regardless of miles because these get a lot of moisture from idling etc and not being run hard etc.

1997 F150 4.6 Supertech ST10575 removed, I can't remember exactly what oil I had in it, mayb Shell 5w30? anyways I installed a QS173 filter and 6 quarts of Formulashell 5w30

1992 F150 4.9 liter, Removed a white Purolator L3001 and ChevronDelo 10w30, Installed a new white Purolator and 6 quarts of ChevronDelo 10w30

1990 Ford Thunderbird
3.8 V6
Out: Mobil 1 10w30, Napa Gold 1516 filter
In: Amsoil XL 10w30, Wix 51516 filter

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
4.8 Vortec V8
Out: Chevron Delo 400 XLE 10w30, AcDelco PF61E filter
In: Amsoil Premium Protection 10w40, AcDelco PF61E filter

2014 Chevrolet Impala
3.6 V6
Out: Castrol GTX Magnatec 5w30, AcDelco PF63E filter
In: Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5w30, AcDelco PF63E filter