Post your latest oil change

2018 Dodge Grand Caravan
Out Valvoline Daily Synthetic Blend 5w20 with Mobil1 oil filter
In Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 with Mobil1 oil filter
3272 miles 6 month OCI

IMG_20200418_150416278_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200418_150428885.jpg

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler, 3.6

Out: M1 AP 0w20, M1 filter, exactly 8k miles on it with the OLM at 4%.
In: Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0w20, M1 filter.

Shell Rotella GS was $10 on clearance, minus $10 rewards at Autozone, minus the $10 rebate = Me being paid 10 bucks for it! Combined with a $4 clearance priced M1 filter makes it like I got paid 6 bucks for this oil change. I can live with that! The M1 will be sent off for a Blackstone analysis.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
Out : Conoco Phillips FS 0w20 and federated oil filter.
In : Castrol Edge FS 0w20 and Federated oil filter.

I've yet to decide if I'll run this oil the whole year or just for 6 months as I've been doing for years.
I only drive up the car to 5k miles per year. I should be in good shape until April 2021 with this fill.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Out : Conoco Phillips FS 0w20 and federated oil filter.
In : Castrol Edge FS 0w20 and Federated oil filter.

I've yet to decide if I'll run this oil the whole year or just for 6 months as I've been doing for years.
I only drive up the car to 5k miles per year. I should be in good shape until April 2021 with this fill.

I've not seen Conoco Phillips oil around here. Where do you find it?

Originally Posted by IndyFan

Must be an old stock. There is Conoco-Phillips (Upstream) and Phillips66 (Midstream & Downstream). Two different companies that split in 2012. All current oils are branded P66 or Kendall (or any of the many house brands they blend)

Ford Fusion 2006
120k Miles
Motorcraft FL-2017B stock filter out and in (Got 8 last year from WM clearance 1.50 a pop
Out - always used 5w-20 Motorcraft Synthetic Blend
In- Valvoline 5w-20 Synthetic Blend High Mileage I got from Walmart for $11.59 !

Topped off my ancient oil gulping push mower with Amsoil SS 0w-30 which was the only random oil I had laying around, but now I cant sleep at night because 0w-30 Amsoil SS doesn't have a sulfated ash spec below 1.0.

2017 Mazda CX-5.

Out: Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w20

In: Mobil 1 AP 0w20

Mazda OEM Roki filter.

Changed oil to get more on a warmer weather schedule plus due to the current situation the car has been extremely short tripped daily. (Two 3 mile trips a day). Oil did smell of fuel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IndyFan

An Acura - Mazda dealer put it into my Prius before they resold it.
They get it in 55 gallon drums.

Changed the oil in My dad's Bravada today, he normally takes it to Wal-Mart and they do a conventional oil change and a Fram Core 3506ACC filter, holds about 7 quarts so I used a full bottle of Mobil1 5w30 and 1.5Qt of Penzoil Platinum 10w30 that I already had open, put a Fram XG9837 on it, Fram says to use the XG3675 but no place carries them they only carry the smaller XG3506 which can be used as an alternate, the 9837 is the same size as the 3675 but would be spec'd without an ADBV but all Ultra's come with one so it's okay to use the XG9837 in place of the 3675. I included a picture of the fram I took off, anyone decode the date code? I might try to cut it open, got most of it drained out, stuck a aerosol can straw and stuck it past the ADBV and blew into it to get the oil to mostly drain out got it sitting in a funnel in the top of a 5qt jug right now to drain the rest of the oil out left the straw stuck in there so the oil can drain past the adbv with ease. Didn't get any other pictures because I had to clean up the lovely mess of the 5qts of oil that went all over the cardboard and the driveway because the new oil drain pan I bought from Walmart apparently had a small crack in it that I didn't realize.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Changed my dad's 1982 toyota pick up.

out: castrol gtx 5w30 fram filter

in : castrol magnatec 5w30 bosch filter

Oil only had about 200 miles on it. Yes 200 miles. It sits a lot, tons and tons of very short trips, to the driveway, then back on the street, sometimes to the store about 1/4 mile away.

I change it yearly. Only 200 miles this past year lol

1998 Toyota Camry CE, 2.2L 5S-FE, 321,000 miles

Out: Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 Synthetic Blend (3,000 miles on oil) / FRAM Extra Guard PH4967
In: Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 Synthetic Blend / FRAM Extra Guard PH4967

Back