Post your latest oil change

2002 Tahoe-

OUT: Pennzoil HM 5-30 & a FRAM PH3506 filter
IN: Pennzoil Conv. 5-30 & a FRAM PH3506 filter

4 months and 2,752 miles on oil & filter. Sister has been borrowing the Tahoe for several months, until her ride is fixed, hence the Wal-Mart special oil change.

Last edited:
2018 Tacoma
14600 miles
5k miles and 4 months on current sump of dealer provided, Toyota care oil, presumably 0w20.

In went M1 FS 0w40 6.2 qts
In went Toyota cartridge filter and fresh o-rings.
Nice clean job. The filter tool worked well today to drain the cartridge, and the removal tool worked well today, the position of the filter is easy to reach with the skid plate removed.
Old filter media looked fine. Almost like new. Oil was black as it should be and always is after significant use it was darker for the mileage than I am accustomed. No uoa sample taken. Truck started up, no leaks, no codes, the viscosity police (related to the mattress tag police)didn't come and get me.

Truck is Going to dealer Tommorow for 15 k service(tire rotations,inspections and fluid top offs) and a chance to get some warranty work.
It is Having some transfer case actuator and crawl control issues that need sorted out. The 4 runner is much better built. I regret selling my 2017 4Runner. But the Tacoma adds utility and more towing capacity and better overall milage to the fleet,it's just not built as stout. First truck I ever bought with dial 4x4, that's what I get for the extra console cup holder.
The crawl control does not work smoothly at low speeds and the truck starts hopping around. Probably a bad control module.

Red91 Mobil super syn dexos 5/30 is not designed for MB, your engine is supposed to use MB 229.5, if you're fan of Mobil1 then it's 5w40 Formula M or 0w40 FS.
Castrol 0w40 is another great option.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 6-speed manual
Out: what looked like less than 1qt of the factory trans fluid
In: Redline MT-85, 2qt

Observed a noticeable reduction in reverse gear whir as well as improved shift quality both hot and cold.

2011 Toyota Tacoma 1GR-FE
115,200 miles

Out: 5w-30 Pennzoil platinum and OEM filter
In : 5w-30 Valvoline Advanced Synthetic and Fram XG3600

Short ~3,200 mile OCI - routine inspection/wash on Sunday after a long off-road trip revealed a loose air intake hose. With as dusty as it was in some areas (WET in others), I decided to play it safe and change out the oil. Re-installed the intake hose - seems to snug up very well, so I'll monitor from here on out. I'll target 7000 on this OCI.

Originally Posted by newbe46
2004 Honda Odyssey
. . .
Did it in -10 C weather.

Nevermind the darned oil -- I seriously hope you've got 0w-something running in your veins!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Originally Posted by newbe46
2004 Honda Odyssey
. . .
Did it in -10 C weather.

Nevermind the darned oil -- I seriously hope you've got 0w-something running in your veins!
laugh.gif

I just kept imagining I was in Florida, having a neck warmer and ear muff also helps.

2005 ford explorer 4.0 156k

I'm not sure what it had in it previously. I'm thinking it was quakerstate hm synblend and it had a white supertech on it.

I put in it Maxlife 5w30 with a qstate 173 which is the equivalent of a fl 500s

'93 Civic, 307,500 miles.

Out: Mobil 1 5w-30 High mileage.
7,500 miles on oil with half a quart added during OCI.
Did not change filter. 7,500 miles on Fram Ultra. Will run filter two OCIs.

In: Super Tech 5w-30 High mileage full synth.

Originally Posted by TOMJ
'93 Civic, 307,500 miles.

Out: Mobil 1 5w-30 High mileage.
7,500 miles on oil with half a quart added during OCI.
Did not change filter. 7,500 miles on Fram Ultra. Will run filter two OCIs.

In: Super Tech 5w-30 High mileage full synth.

Have mercy...

Back