Post your latest oil change

06 Toyota Matrix, 220k miles on vehicle, 5400 miles oci
Out: valvoline 5w30 syn, denso filter
In:

IMG_2544.jpeg

My 2010 Yaris 1nzfe, 192,279mi

I got impatient.

Out- Total Quartz Ineo 0w20 and HPL ec30 cleaner. Oil has 2300mi and cleaner about 400miles. Champ XL PH2835XL

In- HPL pcmo 5w30 and EcoGard S241

I plan to run this to 195k and pull the filter to inspect and replace with another s241 and will have to top off the oil. Then run the oil to 200k giving it a just under 7500mi run, if all looks well I will return to long intervals and go for 10k. I tend to average 5-6k a year with this car.

2023 Subaru Crosstrek 6speed manual. FB2.0L D.I 5600mi on oil 28737mi ODO
Out: Dealer bulk 0W20 and Tokyo Roki Subaru filter
In: Subaru Idemitsu 0W20 (4-3/4qt) and another Tokyo Roki Subaru (Indonesia) filter

Did this particular OC at the classic car repair and restore garage since the dealer grease monkey wailed on the drain plug.
Drained oil, went to lunch came back and the filter was completely empty when unscrewed. Laugh, couldn't find the plug on the new style finned rear diff in its usual place - but I didn't look hard. That should get some fresh 75W90 to taker her to100K.

Note the '34 Ford pickup on deck. Already has a mild vortec 350 and a 9" open. Needs tunnel fab and welded in, paint then interior.

If there are any Blue MP Supertech left at WM I'm stocking up and running "whatever" 5W20 in the warm months !

oil change 5_2024.jpg

2023 Subaru Crosstrek 6speed manual. FB2.0L D.I 5600mi on oil 28737mi ODO
Out: Dealer bulk 0W20 and Tokyo Roki Subaru filter
In: Subaru Idemitsu 0W20 (4-3/4qt) and another Tokyo Roki Subaru (Indonesia) filter

Did this particular OC at the classic car repair and restore garage since the dealer grease monkey wailed on the drain plug.
Drained oil, went to lunch came back and the filter was completely empty when unscrewed. Laugh, couldn't find the plug on the new style finned rear diff in its usual place - but I didn't look hard. That should get some fresh 75W90 to taker her to100K.

Note the '34 Ford pickup on deck. Already has a mild vortec 350 and a 9" open. Needs tunnel fab and welded in, paint then interior.

If there are any Blue MP Supertech left at WM I'm stocking up and running "whatever" 5W20 in the warm months !

View attachment 218502
Do these not need rear diff fluid every 30k like the wrx?

Do these not need rear diff fluid every 30k like the wrx?
Inspect not replace. It's not overstressed by boy racers :)

I like to get wear-in material out then the unit is usually good for 4 years/ 75K given the way gear oil works and ages.
As long as the axle isn't submerged - then you have to change right way if compromised. Like those boat launch rear-end dippers

Are you sure it states Replace on the factory wrecks in the OM schedule?

Inspect not replace. It's not overstressed by boy racers :)

I like to get wear-in material out then the unit is usually good for 4 years/ 75K given the way gear oil works and ages.
As long as the axle isn't submerged - then you have to change right way if compromised. Like those boat launch rear-end dippers

Are you sure it states Replace on the factory wrecks in the OM schedule?
It probably is inspect but I replace at 25-30k. I drive my Wrx moderately hard and it's cheap/easy for me to do.

1999 Infiniti QX4, 252K, 10K and 6 month OCI
Out: 4 qts Kirk 5w30, left XG7317
In almost 4.5 qts Kirk 5w30

FYI MityVac is not a good tool for this service. But the trusty 14mm Snappy box end worked fine. Old skool for the win.
I did lift driver side to get a more complete drain.

This car belongs to my neighbor's friend, who is a single Mom working in his office and after hours cleaning houses on the side.
I also serviced the trans, filled other fluids, polished the glazed headlight lenses so light can escape at 186,000 miles per second.
I had an extra leather(?) steering wheel cover laying around so I swapped it on. Should I chrome it?

Will service Rear diff next time and pull a wheel to check brakes. Timing belt is a BIG unknown; there is no service sticker. Scary.

Last edited:
1999 Infiniti QX4, 252K, 10K and 6 month OCI
Out: 4 qts Kirk 5w30, left XG7317
In almost 4.5 qts Kirk 5w30

FYI MityVac is not a good tool for this service. But the trusty 14mm Snappy box end worked fine. Old skool for the win.
I did lift driver side to get a more complete drain.

This car belongs to my neighbor's friend, who is a single Mom working in his office and after hours cleaning houses on the side.
I also serviced the trans, filled other fluids, polished the glazed headlight lenses so light can escape at 186,000 miles per second.
I had an extra leather(?) steering wheel cover laying around so I swapped it on. Should I chrome it?

Will service Rear diff next time and pull a wheel to check brakes. Timing belt is a BIG unknown; there is no service sticker. Scary.
Just out of curiosity, why is the mityvac not good for this application? I have only gone back to the drain plug for cars/trucks with oil capacity greater than my knockoff vac.

Just out of curiosity, why is the mityvac not good for this application? I have only gone back to the drain plug for cars/trucks with oil capacity greater than my knockoff vac.
I use the smaller of the 2 extraction tubes that come with the MityVac; they snake down easier. I generally estimate depth by comparing the dipstick. I could not get a good flow out of the Infiniti QX4 engine. I got less than a quart. The only other car I was unsuccessful with was a Subaru.

2014 Chevrolet Trax 1.4L Turbo, 150,983 km
Out: Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife 5w30, Hengst E611H-D442 oil filter, 26% OLM, 8529 km OCI
In: 4L Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife 5w30, Fram CH10246 oil filter
Did the PCV system on this a few weeks ago, new intake manifold, valve cover, and noticed some build up in the nether regions under the cam cover, so I ran a bottle of Rislone for 500km before the oil change and again with this oil change, will likely do a short interval and do another oil change sometime this summer.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0L Turbo GDI - 68,507 km
Out: Quaker State Full Synthetic 5w30, Wix 51334 oil filter, 6019 km OCI
In: 4.8L Quaker State Full Synthetic 5w30, Wix 51334 oil filter

Back