Post your latest oil change

2010 Ford Explorer sport trac 4.0 SOHC, Fleet vehicle

out: 6 quarts Valvoline quick lube 5w-30 and valvoline filter with liquid moly engine flush. changed valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets so i wanted to flush anything out.

in: 6 quarts Mobil 1 EP HM 5w-30 and mobil 1 m1-202a filter.

Still have the Subaru? Bang for the buck --- that QSUP is top notch.
Oh yeah, still have the Subarus. Wife has one, and both my sons have one. I usually drive the Chevy truck. But I took a new job the first of this month that involves a longer commute than my leased truck with its mpg was good for. I plan on buying this truck and the lower the miles at lease end the more life she'll have left. Looked for a gas-sipper and looked at used. But with used car prices and interest rates I landed on the new Elantra and some Hyundai incentive financing. Driving around 85 miles per day and the Hyundai is averaging around 45 mpg. The bump in pay was way more than enough to cover the car so another oil change to do in the household. And yeah, I've used Quaker State for many years with great results. It is a great oil, but I think we need to keep it quiet, though, or when everybody finds out they will raise the price.

Oh yeah, still have the Subarus. Wife has one, and both my sons have one. I usually drive the Chevy truck. But I took a new job the first of this month that involves a longer commute than my leased truck with its mpg was good for. I plan on buying this truck and the lower the miles at lease end the more life she'll have left. Looked for a gas-sipper and looked at used. But with used car prices and interest rates I landed on the new Elantra and some Hyundai incentive financing. Driving around 85 miles per day and the Hyundai is averaging around 45 mpg. The bump in pay was way more than enough to cover the car so another oil change to do in the household. And yeah, I've used Quaker State for many years with great results. It is a great oil, but I think we need to keep it quiet, though, or when everybody finds out they will raise the price.
Good thinking on your part. Yeah, I checked out the used Rav4 Hybrids in 2022 and with what they wanted for a 3 year old vehicle and having mid to upper 30 thousand miles --- I just pulled the trigger in a brand new 2023 Rav4 Hybrid for acouple thousand dollars more. Hence why I say -- bang for the buck -- lets try to keep this to ourselves then. ;)

2010 Ford Explorer sport trac 4.0 SOHC, Fleet vehicle

out: 6 quarts Valvoline quick lube 5w-30 and valvoline filter with liquid moly engine flush. changed valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets so i wanted to flush anything out.

in: 6 quarts Mobil 1 EP HM 5w-30 and mobil 1 m1-202a filter.
Do you purposely overfill it by a quart? I've never heard of a Ford 4.0 using any more than 5 Qts.

2020 Honda CRV EX-L 1.5t 12,000 miles
Oil change, tire rotation and brake fluid Flush

Out: 3.7 quarts Mobil1 5W-30 EP, Honda 15400-PLM-A02 filter
In: 3.7 quarts Mobil1 5W-30 EP, Honda 15400-PLM-A02 filter
Miles on oil, about 2,100 almost entirely local short trips, this was it's 6 months service, technician said very little thinning but very dark. He remarked that the change to 5W-30 seemed like a good solution, and said a lot of CRV'S he services, the 0w20 runs out like water it's so thin from dilution. Have stopped doing UOAs, just change it twice a year. Seems like a reasonable solution for an exclusively short-trips only engine that we want to keep for possibly 7-8 years. Toptier fuels only used.

This was a short run. Lots of hard running and e85. 3500 miles. I’m sending a sample off to OA to see if I could have run it longer. Honestly I think I could have gone a lot longer but we shall see.
I do short OCIs all the time. Even with Amsoil. Wife won't sell her Kia Soul. So I'm trying to keep that engine alive much-much longer. Our marriage depends on it.

Last edited:
2017 Ford Explorer 3.5L NA - 6,000 mile OCI. Also snuck in an air filter change…. Not much fun in a cold garage today

out - 5w-20 QS FS and Fram orange can
in - 5w-20 Kirkland FS and Champ XL

Attachments

• 20240115_144131.jpeg
    20240115_144131.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 42
Niece's 2015 Odyssey EXL, 181K, 9800 mile OCI, 4 months
Out and in: QS Ultimate Syn 0w20, Honda Filter

I usually do 5K OCIs, but her daughters had the Oddy in San Diego for awhile and tried to drive the hubcaps off.
No makeup oil AFAIK, but there musta been some.
We ONR warshed the van. All good.

Back