Post your latest oil change

2024 Chevy Trax 500 miles on factory fill.
Supertech 5w30 Advanced full synthetic, AC Delco PF64 filter. I was determined to run the factory fill to 5,000 miles but had the day off and in true "bobistheoilguy" fashion got bored and changed early. I don't know if there was any benefit to changing early or not but for me it was more about getting familiar with the process on this car. The oil pan wasn't plastic, but it definitely looked and felt like cheap metal. Overall I like the vehicle so far.

2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2.0T...

Out: 5 quarts of Mobil 1 regular and an ACD UPF-64R

In: 5 quarts of Quaker State Full Synthetic Dexos 1 Gen3 in with an ACD UPF-64R filter at 41K miles...she doesn't drive her's much but I feel better changing the oil at least a the 1 year mark...this time is was only 2200 miles since the last change almost a year ago...still looks and drives like brand new...

Bill

2001 Honda Accord. Current mileage: 169,294. 2,500 mile OCI after 12 months. My wife's car, she doesn't drive it much. Since she drives it so little, I change the oil in the Honda every year, whether it needs it or not, haha.
In Quaker State 5W-30 full synthetic.

Last edited:
09 Prius, 209K
Out - HPL 5W-30, Fram FE4967
In - M1HM 5W-30, Toyota F1 filter

7200mi on the HPL but I saw no improvement in oil usage. I’m ending the HPL experiment early. This car’s sticking with off the shelf oils.
So the HPL may have given you better wear protection and cleanliness. But what only mattered to you was improvement in oil consumption.

Did it ever occur to you that one more HPL OCI could have bathed those oil rings even more and lowered consumption was on it's way to your engine?

What did the used oil filter look like? I'll bet @ 7200 miles use - with 209k on the odometer, the filter media was a blackened mess.

What did the used oil filter look like? I'll bet @ 7200 miles use - with 209k on the odometer, the filter media was a blackened mess.
I haven’t opened the filter yet - it’s off to @53' Stude for a post-mortem for the curious.

The car has seen a OCI with Vavoline PBR and HPL EC so it’s as clean as I can get it. This is a problem child Toyota engine though. NZ/ZZ/ZR and AZ family engines all have a critical flaw.

2016 Toyota Sienna
~108k on the vehicle
~5k OCI
Out: Valvoline High Mileage 0w-20
In: Valvoline 5w-20 cocktail
1000001784.jpg

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. I think we need to pause and realize that @wemay has posting #20,000 on page 1,000 of oil change postings. This is an amazing display of Bitog nerdmanship. :giggle:
Oh wow! Thanks @Snagglefoot , i didn't even realize that. Oddly enough, i was recently thanking @Superbuick96 for starting this thread that has now reached 10K pages.

I haven’t opened the filter yet - it’s off to @53' Stude for a post-mortem for the curious.

The car has seen a OCI with Vavoline PBR and HPL EC so it’s as clean as I can get it. This is a problem child Toyota engine though. NZ/ZZ/ZR and AZ family engines all have a critical flaw.
Poor Adam!.....lol
It'll be interesting to read what he says. He has witnessed some real ugly filters...... at least two of those were off his Camry.... ran for something like 20-25k each.

He's honest on what he reports and buys... he's generous and one who volunteers for free a-lot.

2022 Honda Odyssey Touring, 24,857 miles:

Out: Castrol Extended Performance 5W-30
Out: Factory brake fluid
Off: Bosch Premium 3323
Off: Factory air filter
Off: Factory cabin filter

In: Castrol Extended Performance 5W-30
In: Maxima Racing Dot 4
On: Bosch Premium 3323
On: STP PSA12061 Premium air filter
On: STP CAF1873M Max cabin air filter

2024 Chevy Trax 500 miles on factory fill.
Supertech 5w30 Advanced full synthetic, AC Delco PF64 filter. I was determined to run the factory fill to 5,000 miles but had the day off and in true "bobistheoilguy" fashion got bored and changed early. I don't know if there was any benefit to changing early or not but for me it was more about getting familiar with the process on this car. The oil pan wasn't plastic, but it definitely looked and felt like cheap metal. Overall I like the vehicle so far.
How difficult of a oil change?

2008 Honda Civic 1.8L
~112,805 miles on engine
~6,489 on oil
~OLM: 15%

Out: Peak 5W-20 conventional
Off: FRAM Ultra XG7317 (filter was on for 2 OC. Total on filter 12,974 miles)

In: 3qt Havoline DS 5W-20 conventional + 1qt VWB 5W-20.
On: FRAM Endurance FE7317

2017 Hyundai Elantra youngest daughter college car. Out bulk 5/20 nappa jobber filter a little over 6k miles oil was dirty down a QT pushed this oil change because she didn't come home for any visits. In Castrol edge 5/30 got cheap Amazon black Friday last year and OE filter. First oil change I did on the car will be doing myself moving forward.

Back