Post your latest modification to your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Just put a Cam in the truck. Should tow AWESOME.
6.0 Chevy, I expect to see around 45 HP and 60 FT/LBS of torque at the wheels.

that sounds a little excessive from just a cam... are you increasing the duration and lift by an absurd amount?

LS motors are very undercammed from the factory, so it's actually not unreasonable to gain that much from a cam, especially one with fairly aggressive lift rates / quantity and reasonable duration.

Just saw this...
Not excessive at all. Almost the same specs as the one in Trans Am. That with dyno tune and as far as driveability, can't even tell it is there. Lift is still under .600 (.582 and .582. Duration is around 228).
LS motors love cams.

finished shoehorning HID low beam //projectors// into the amber-filmed fog lamp housings. stealthy. clean. width of a fog beam but the ground-level reach of lows. one of the housings was the victim of 2 go-backs to get the projector aimed properly, and the other kept collecting water and it took 3 tries to get it right. Not a got-it-right-the-first-time experience.

the rest of the time, I've needed that truck to bring plywood home--- too many indoor projects for much car play right now.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Big Avalon front brakes on one of the Camrys, it's a bolt on. (If you have at least 15 inch wheels.)

If you want even bigger and have at least 17" wheels, Highlander brakes bolt up as well (at least on 3rd gen and newer Camrys).

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Big Avalon front brakes on one of the Camrys, it's a bolt on. (If you have at least 15 inch wheels.)

Brilliant.

Many same make brakes will bolt on other models and it's a cheap and effective upgrade.

Japanese cars tend to have tiny brakes.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Japanese cars tend to have tiny brakes.

They seem to have gotten better about this recently, at least on the higher end stuff. Just about every Camry, etc. I see now has bigger brakes than my Jeep
frown.gif

that sounds a little excessive from just a cam... are you increasing the duration and lift by an absurd amount?

LS motors are very undercammed from the factory, so it's actually not unreasonable to gain that much from a cam, especially one with fairly aggressive lift rates / quantity and reasonable duration.

Thanks for the feedback
cool.gif

Just saw this...
Not excessive at all. Almost the same specs as the one in Trans Am. That with dyno tune and as far as driveability, can't even tell it is there. Lift is still under .600 (.582 and .582. Duration is around 228).
LS motors love cams.

Sounds like a win-win for you then! Makes me wish I had an LS1. Someday
wink.gif

I'm thinking about replacing the now ten-year-old chrome grill of the Buick PA. A kind of blister has begun to show in the chrome surface. Auto Parts Warehouse has these: Buick Grilles They won't say "B-U-I-C-K" on them, but that's okay. What do you think? Anybody ordered body parts from APW?

Baja over black paint job courtesy of a well-sanded snowy country road, a high rate of speed, and snow tires.

On my 2013 Avalon, replaced the backup light bulbs with LEDs. Lumens increased from about 120 to 500 and Wattage dropped from 36 to 15. The difference really shows up in the backup camera at night. Cost was $33 including S&H.

for this weekend: anytime-on mod for tundra fog lights! it's all done in the column, except for dealing with the high beam cutoff. that's a bit more involved and might have to be done later.

caveat: this gets bounced around along with finishing up 2 PA cabs and hopefully a small shelf for my son.

Last edited:
Installed a Blackvue DR400G HD-II dash camera and Garmin GPS, with concealed wiring, into a Power Magic Pro which keeps camera active/parking mode while vehicle is turned off until voltage drops to 11.8V at which time it switches off.

20130414144608a.jpg

20130414144454a.jpg

20130414144437a.jpg

20130414143900a.jpg

imag1243m.jpg

imag1242a.jpg

20130414130920n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back