Post your latest detail

IMG_0243.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg

Did my grandfather’s truck. Wash and wax. And a vacuum.

Unfortunately I didn't take a pic, although I was intending to do so.... Yesterday I washed, claybarred and waxed my new-to-me Honda Fit for the first time. It had belonged to an old lady and it was probably the first time it had ever been waxed. It was the first time I ever waxed a silver vehicle which was kind of annoying seeing how the hazed wax was tough to see as it dried! Still less than 30,000 miles on it it is almost like a brand new car inside and out.

EDIT: Random wintertime photo inserted as a placeholder.

mdcmsQ.jpg
Sharp ! Silver is very good color for it . Not just because our FIT is same color . ;)

1989 Mazda B2200 110,733 original miles. Beautiful red that I love along with the SE-5 stripe package for the SE-5 trim which also includes white wheels. Took me about an hour and a half for a full wash and wax as well as a wheel cleaning and tire shine. I call this truck my baby. I love it so much and it makes me feel good knowing it’s clean. I hate a dirty vehicle. I need to get a good shop vac so I can detail the interior as well. Ours is old and corded so it’s a pain to use. Walmart sent me a free Hart one but a battery is just as much as a vacuum lol. I know I’m not as good as some of you at detailing this is only my 4th car that I’ve ever done. I’ve washed plenty but never went as far as waxing or detailing anything besides on those 4. The wheel shot is a before and after. I know you can’t tell much with the rusty white rims but they actually look really good in person. I do need to get a tire/wheel brush though. All products used were Turtle Wax including the wash which was Turtle Wax Max Power I added 9 ounces for the highest strength solution. Except the tire shine was ArmorAll as I couldn’t find any Turtle Wax tire shine. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Wish i would of taken before pictures I forgot till I already washed it off. I try not to brag about my truck too much but I love my truck a lot. Lol. Oh and I topped it off with a Little Trees New Car Scent air freshener. I have two more days to knock out the rest of the vehicles because I return to work Monday after a week long vacation. Will post other vehicles as I do them.
IMG_4636.jpeg
IMG_4627.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg
IMG_4631.jpeg
IMG_4634.jpeg
IMG_4626.jpeg
IMG_4638.jpeg
IMG_4640.jpeg
IMG_4639.jpeg

Here’s my detailing cabinet setup, it’s not organized, just moved into a new house. I’m mostly a Meguiars guy, but you’ll see odds and ends of products. Recently got some 1 gallon containers of Meguiars wheel and tire cleaner, Xpress Wax, and P&S interior cleaner. I do want to try 3D products.
IMG_0701.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg

2004 Toyota Camry XLE with 291,000 miles. Done a complete wash, wax, detail and headlight restoration with the Turtle Wax kit. I’m really impressed with how the headlights did. Bottom pictures are before and after on the headlights. They haven’t looked that good in years. We’ve tried everything literally and nothing has worked. This car looks great. Cleaning the interior is useless because my dad can’t keep the inside clean lol.
IMG_4653.jpeg
IMG_4650.jpeg
IMG_4655.jpeg
IMG_4654.jpeg
IMG_4657.jpeg
IMG_4665.jpeg

1989 Mazda B2200 110,733 original miles. Beautiful red that I love along with the SE-5 stripe package for the SE-5 trim which also includes white wheels. Took me about an hour and a half for a full wash and wax as well as a wheel cleaning and tire shine. I call this truck my baby. I love it so much and it makes me feel good knowing it’s clean. I hate a dirty vehicle. I need to get a good shop vac so I can detail the interior as well. Ours is old and corded so it’s a pain to use. Walmart sent me a free Hart one but a battery is just as much as a vacuum lol. I know I’m not as good as some of you at detailing this is only my 4th car that I’ve ever done. I’ve washed plenty but never went as far as waxing or detailing anything besides on those 4. The wheel shot is a before and after. I know you can’t tell much with the rusty white rims but they actually look really good in person. I do need to get a tire/wheel brush though. All products used were Turtle Wax including the wash which was Turtle Wax Max Power I added 9 ounces for the highest strength solution. Except the tire shine was ArmorAll as I couldn’t find any Turtle Wax tire shine. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Wish i would of taken before pictures I forgot till I already washed it off. I try not to brag about my truck too much but I love my truck a lot. Lol. Oh and I topped it off with a Little Trees New Car Scent air freshener. I have two more days to knock out the rest of the vehicles because I return to work Monday after a week long vacation. Will post other vehicles as I do them. View attachment 168207View attachment 168208View attachment 168209View attachment 168210View attachment 168212View attachment 168213View attachment 168214View attachment 168216View attachment 168217

Forgot about 14" tires . Road many times in a '86 (?) B2000 regular cab with the 5 speed manual . I believe it was dark gray . Do remember the lever for the fresh / recycle broke ( or was it the temperature control ? ) . I think it was '88 to '91 . Otherwise very dependable and got a workout .

Last edited:
2017 Toyota Camry 50,000 miles. Complete, wash, wax and detail interior and exterior. No air fresheners though because mom doesn’t like the scents I buy lol. Wheels had a lot of brake dust on them. The Turtle Wax cleaner and a brush cleaned them up nicely though. I’m slowly getting better at this.
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4670.jpeg
IMG_4671.jpeg

Back