Post your latest detail

I just did my brother's Honda CRV. I washed it with chemicals guy hydrosuds ceramic soap, then I claybared it. I touched up the deep scratched with Megiuars mirror glaze m105 ultra-cut compound,then I polished it with Megiuars mirror glaze m205 ultra finishing polish. Finally I sealed it with Nanoskin T3 ceramic coat.

Attachments

• 20230521_182928.jpg
    20230521_182928.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230503_175458.jpg
    20230503_175458.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230521_182706.jpg
    20230521_182706.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230521_182720.jpg
    20230521_182720.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230521_182736~2.jpg
    20230521_182736~2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 79
Unfortunately I didn't take a pic, although I was intending to do so.... Yesterday I washed, claybarred and waxed my new-to-me Honda Fit for the first time. It had belonged to an old lady and it was probably the first time it had ever been waxed. It was the first time I ever waxed a silver vehicle which was kind of annoying seeing how the hazed wax was tough to see as it dried! Still less than 30,000 miles on it it is almost like a brand new car inside and out.

EDIT: Random wintertime photo inserted as a placeholder.

mdcmsQ.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't go so far as detail, but washed the outside and vacuumed the inside of my Ram on Saturday. OMG my arms hate me

Then our van was sitting there looking all dirty, so I ran it through the carwash, then brought it home and touched up the spots the car wash missed.

This Saturn Ion a few days ago.

Washed with dish soap since it hasn't been washed since I got it 5 years ago and doesn't have any wax on it anyway.
Cleaned wheels with Iron Decon
Sprayed body with Iron Decon
Clayed with synthetic clay mitt and above Iron Decon as the lube. Very little contamination even after 5 years.
Polished with Meguiars 110
Top coat with TW Graphine spray
Dressed tires with Meguiars Hyper Dressing
Polished headlights with 500 grit dry followed by 1000 and 3000 Trizact pads wet
Coated with 3M headlight coating

005.jpg

037.jpg

65K. The paint is not too bad. It's a 2017. There are some chips on the hood. And there is a bubble on the bumper. Front lenses are starting to cloud up. I'm happy with the paint overall, for what it's worth.

Washed with Meguiar's Hyper Wash, used Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze on the DA, and topped with Collinite. Plastic trim got a wipedown of Griot's Ceramic Wax. No tire dressing, can't stand that look. Used the glaze as the truck did have some micro marring from car wash brushes during the previous owners short ownership. Don't want to polish unless it's really bad.

OGdHOC5.jpg

l6Qpvs2.jpg

Washed with Meguiar's Hyper Wash, used Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze on the DA, and topped with Collinite. Plastic trim got a wipedown of Griot's Ceramic Wax. No tire dressing, can't stand that look. Used the glaze as the truck did have some micro marring from car wash brushes during the previous owners short ownership. Don't want to polish unless it's really bad.

OGdHOC5.jpg

l6Qpvs2.jpg
Looks great. Glaze then wax? I don’t know much about glaze but I thought it was full of oils, hindering waxes from adhering.

Looks great. Glaze then wax? I don’t know much about glaze but I thought it was full of oils, hindering waxes from adhering.

Yea this one is actually meant to be topped with a sealant for durability. I could polish everything out perfect, but the fact of the matter it's a truck. It's gonna eventually get a couple scratches here and there.

Yea this one is actually meant to be topped with a sealant for durability. I could polish everything out perfect, but the fact of the matter it's a truck. It's gonna eventually get a couple scratches here and there.
No need to polish unless necessary. That would be doing the durability of the paint no favors.

No need to polish unless necessary. That would be doing the durability of the paint no favors.

That's what I was thinking. Truck only has 4,000 miles on it, no sense in taking a microscopic layer of clearcoat off just to look completely perfect on a truck. The glaze is great for this purpose!

If you have a DA I would put a ceramic coat after a good polish.

Back