Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

06 Ford F-150 V-6
Whatever was in it out
Peak Long Life in

Test strip showed borderline ph.
Drain radiator and refill.

04 BMW 325i

Out: Zerex G-05 for second water pump replacement.
In: Zerex G-05.

02 Chevy Silverado

Out: Dexcool rad drain.
In: Supertech Dexcool Premixed 50/50.

Last edited:
2013 Honda CRV
I had coolant service done at Honda . Not sure of previous fill but I imagine it was factory fill about 29k ago .

2015 Kubota L4701. Drained and refilled with distilled water to flush. Then drained and filled with Prestone 10yr/300k coolant mixed 50/50 with more distilled water.

1982 Dodge D150, slant 6. Radiator replacement.
Out:
3 yr. old/10k mi. Prestone green
In:
Peak universal "bronze".

03 Pontiac vibe, 155k miles
Out: purple colored coolant, drain rad, fill w distilled, run til thermostat opens, do it again till water ran clear.
In: prestone 10 year 40% and distilled 60%

2014 Subaru Forester 6MT 2.5L NA
ODO: 72,600

Out: roughly 6qt assumed original OEM
In: 5qt Prestone All-Vehicles (with Cor-Guard) + 1qt Peak (AMAM long life coolant)

Last edited:
Didn't know there was a thread like this.
2013 Honda CRV
ODO: 103,xxx

Out: a little over 1.5 gallons of original OEM fluid
In: a little over 1.5 gallons of Zerex blue

Pulled my intercooler on the 135i and drained the radiator. Put Fuchs Maintain Fricofin, which has BMw and MB approval as a G-48 coolant. Then primed the electric water pump.

2011 BMW 135i
27k miles

ABFDBC90-150B-4E38-8006-B002ADB1EBAA.jpeg

2005 Dodge Dakota
3.7 V6
Water pump replacement
Out: very little green coolant
In: 50/50 Autozone universal green and distilled water

Forgot about this thread. I've missed a lot of changes

1992 Chevy Blazer fullsize
Out - rusty water, broken down ethylene glycol, silicate dropout
After a flush with Blue Devil “flush”, then 4lbs of citric acid followed by installing a flush tee and running the engine with the driver’s side block drain and radiator drain/fill neck open for 10 minutes with a hose running, 50/50 mix of Recochem generic green and distilled water.

O’Reilly sold us the wrong hose, so I’ll have to recheck the coolant concentration after replacing the hose. For some reason, I can’t get all the air out of the cooling system. But it bled fine during the 30 minute citric acid run.

1951 1.5 ton Chevy truck...
4 years, Out: conventional green coolant
In: Zerex Conventional Green concentrate

The old coolant looked pretty good, so just flushed twice with plain water and refilled with a 50/50 mixture.

2014 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost 94,000 miles
drained factory fill, flushed with 6 gallons of R/O water.
Then added a 1.5 gallons of Carquest Dexclone Concetrate.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
5.3 V8
Several consecutive radiator drain and fills
Out: presumably factory Dexcool and shop water
In: Carquest Dexcool premix

2002 Ford Windstar
3.8 V6
Radiator replacement
Out: mostly water
In: Shellzone conventional green premix

The Mazda 6 has finally been switched over to Pentosin A3 from factory fill at the last lube job.

Now that both Mazdas have had this service, I will try to drain/fill periodically going forward after a few tens of thousands of miles and/or after a couple of years.

Gave my Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2L T a flush and fill. It looks like the first flush though the coolant has been drained and refilled many times for work. I usually reuse the coolant though after filtering it.

So at 128k miles and the system running a bit hot even with a new OE thermostat I decided on a citric acid flush. I used 300 grams in 3L of water, poured that in the radiator and topped off with soft water. Drove it for a few miles to get the temp up and tsat opening. Came home and let it cool off and topped off. And again went out for a few miles of spirted driving.

Came home and drained it, left a nice rust stain on the concrete.

Then flushed with rain water. Drained and blew out as much as I could. Also popped a newer water pump cartridge in. Filled with 2600 ml of 70/30 and topped off pus filled the overflow with 50/50 Farm and Fleet Long Life yellow (Peak). Came out at -25F Rumor has it the fill capacity is 5.5L.

So far so good but it wasn't hot out. But the temp was holding at 183F where it should be instead of the 187-189F it had been running.

Back